Did YouTube find a way around adblocker?

I'm getting commercials again on videos like things about chevrolet and Century Link but I have adblocker. The ads are different than normal ones. There is no timer you have no idea how long it is and there isn't even a skip. How are they doing that? They clearly are doing it to show specifically people with adblocker but why? They must know whoever sees those commercials will not want them because if they did actually care about listening to ads they wouldn't have adblocker to begin with... It just makes me want to leave Century Link just to spite them for the inconvenience...

Most Helpful Girl

• Adblocker never worked on youtube for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because the ads are embedded into the actual videos. That's how they get around it I imagine. Doesn't adblocker just block ads that show up around the video.. like on the video page? They actually put ads inside the video and thus avoiding adblocker I imagine. Youtube sold out when they got with Google. There never was copyright issues or ads until they signed with them.

• Well if it was just in the video I could just fastforward past it. All I can do during the ad is just pause and play.

• Oh yeah I've seen those, but not all videos are like that. So I imagine there's some kind of thing where some channels are ad free and others aren't. I guess it has to do with the fact that some youtubers do get paid by youtube. I imagine the perk for that is ad free videos. I don't know. I'm grasping at straws. Yeah I used to could fast forward through them too, but now I can't. I don't think it has anything to do with adblocker though.

What Girls Said 1

• I dunno, it works for me. Is the plugin turned on?

What Guys Said 3

• Just find a different one.

• i use ad blocker and it all seems ok for me.

• Hı,

Please Zenmate Setup :))