Do you ever get frustrated by questions that ask for your opinion but then put parameters on how you are meant to answer?

Most Helpful Guy

• The ones I hate are when they want an opinion and you give it then they want to argue about it

• Yeah... then it's like, why the hell did you ask the question?

• Exactly, we need to run this site

• I concur, and when we have ruled GaG, we can conquer... the world! bwahahaha!

What Girls Said 5

• Nope. I don't let that bother me. I just answer as I see fit regardless of any parameters. If the QA gets all offended and uppity about the opinion I gave them (which they asked for, by the way), it's not my problem. I'm not going to tell people what they want to hear, because that defeats the purpose of this website.

• I usually just say my opinion regardless of parameters. Like you can put a present in different boxes, but it's still the same present.

• Not at all. I'm like that. I'm not looking for a SPECIFIC answer, but what I ask is usually limited to a certain circumstance.

If people answered with what they wanted to--which they're free to--it doesn't help me with what I need to gather from them (which is simple information on what a lot of people on this site think).

• Is it possible that a question which might seem out of the box, could actually be applicable... not being argumentative here, just discussing it

• For some of my questions, sure. But usually they tend to violate some of the "rules" so it doesn't count. I'm not disregarding their opinion or saying it isn't valuable, but I sometimes do try and "guide" them to my original question.

What I'm curious about is very simple? I do tend to get into plenty of arguments about my questions though which makes me lose sight of the original purpose of the question sometimes (asking about opinions). Eh. Something I need to work on.

• That's a mature attitude to take on that.

I have a habit of tangenting, big time... but I like the wandering discussions, too

• No, because I'm still going to answer them how I want anyways lol

• Not really I can be brutally honest then simply ignore the response.

What Guys Said 2

• ... you mean the polls? Depends on how well the polls define possible options.

• Yeah, I hadn't considered the polls, but that would be relevant in this case. You can look at some of the polls and think to yourself, nah, my opinion cannot be defined by any of those options...

• That is why I always add OTHER, I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T CARE at the ends of mine :p

• That's a good idea!

• Yes... some people get mad at you for giving honest opinions, or they downvote the ones that they don't want to hear.

• I suppose that's why those facilities are there...

• No just a downvote, no reply at all

• Well, that's just rude