Are braces unattractive?

I'm going to be a sophomore in highschool and I just got braces. Pretty much my whole class has already had their braces or are getting them off about halfway through the school year so I feel like they make me look younger than I am. Do guys find them unnatractive? Or do you think it makes a girl look younger or babyish? I just don't feel so great about them but I really want to have straight teeth. Thanks for your opinions :)

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about it. Guys certainly don't. I'm glad you want to have straight teeth, because crooked teeth are really unattractive. It's definitely worth the time wearing braces to have a lifetime with a beautiful smile. Be sure and faithfully do everything the orthodontist tells you, and when you get the braces off wear your retainers. You don't want to have to do it all over again when you're 30.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• On their own they're not so bad, not as good as normal teeth but nothing I'd consider relevant, that said they can lead to other issues such as excess saliva and it make it very difficult to maintain good dental hygiene which is pretty much a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when giving head...

0|0
    0|1
  • Imagine the painful kinky pleasurable bliss I'd feel when getting a blowjob

0|0
    0|0
  • Braces aren't a big deal looks-wise for me. I'd date a girl with braces for sure. And the time went by faster than I expected when I had braces.
    Good luck! It's totally worth it for the end result!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, girls look cute who wear braces

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a necessary evil.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't mind braces. I'm going into the same grade as you and a girl having braces is by no means a deal breaker for me. Just don't be self conscious about them. Confidence is key. Hope I helped :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Braces don't matter a lot of girls around the world have braces they do not make you look younger and some people find them unattractive i dont find them unattractive and pretty much everyone i know doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always no.
    Depending on how she wears them.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't smile, talk or do anything with your mouth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't really make any difference you will have them off soon so don't worry

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm straight but I think braces can make both girls and guys look better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too much

0|0
    0|0
  • No braces are fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I think they are kinda cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that! Actually my girlfriend have them

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely makes you look younger... But girls with straight perfect teeth like you'll have in a few years are 10 fold better looking

0|0
    0|0