Why do people not do anything when they see bullying happening?

Like for example a kid being a dick to a other kid (calling that kid names, saying horrible stuff etc) why do teachers, other kids or parents no do anything about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom was a teacher and always got involved.
    I always applauded for her that.
    when I was in high school I wish the same were done for me, but some of the teachers were too afraid to intervene.
    Where I am from some of the students will physically assault the teacher.
    Also, some of the kids had ignorant parents that refused to believe anything negative about their child.
    So calling home in efforts to fix the problem would fail.

• Wow I don't have problems at all sure I have assholes at me I ignored those assholes a long time ago they stop had one douche hit me with a telephone phone for some reason if he does anything like that again I'm punching him out. But online I cuss them out remove them from my friends list and block them.

• it's good you stand up for yourself.
      however I think there's a difference between having been teased and being bullied.
      Bullying is usually endless and long drawn. it happens day in and day out.

• Oh I had that before high school but most of those bitches when to other schools.

What Guys Said 4

• because they are a fucking bystander. I always intervene if I am able.

• They are all afraid to get involved. You should see how people gawk in an accident instead of helping the victim in many cases.

• they share the responsibility of the bullying. society sucks.

• Teacher can't dicipline kids any more other kids have been told to never start a fight plus the bullies probably bigger then them and parent duck at raising kids these days

What Girls Said 4

• This Sounds like New York Where... No one Wants to get Involved or be Brotherly bothered, @NatashaJ.
    It's always been like this when it comes to a lot of Picky people in New York. However, Today, it may be Catching On and getting around All over where everyone has their own life and strife and unless it involves Them, per say, they look the Other way.
    Good luck. xx

• Lucky I don't deal with this anymore @Paris13 because I don't give a shit anymore its amazing when you just don't fuck a flying fuck what someone says to you. But thank you for saying good luck :).

• Oh, so welcome, some things never change, @NatashaJ.:)) xxoo

• Teachers and parents might not get involved until the bullying reaches a certain caliber because being able to deal with situations like that on your own is a pretty important and useful skill to have for a child as they grow up. It's not like bullying is exclusive to you when in elementary/high school. People will bully you in different ways all through live, when you're in the work force as well. Everyone should know how to deal with it and come out stronger on their own.

• Your so right I think people are mature when they know how to deal with shitty people. You can't control what people do to you but you can change a situation in your favor that's what I believe.

• Maybe because they're cowards, maybe because they feel the kid should learn to stand up for themselves. Personally I think the kid being an asshole needs to learn the lesson.

• Because they like to see what's going to happen, are afraid to say anything, don't care