Is it wrong for a skinny girl to be working in a plus size store?

So, I have been working for a formal wear gentleman's store for a long time and I feel I need a new job with better pay. I have been offered an assistant managers position for a plus size store before, but when they interviewed me they told me "your so skinny. People will hate you." I've been looking elsewhere and a job came up that is just perfect but its for another plus sized women's clothing store. Its a really good job and I don't like how people Judge me because I'm really skinny. I don't care how big or small people are; I love everyone and I wouldn't want me being skinny to make people feel bad about themselves. I'm 5'2'' and 100lbs. I eat more then an average man does... I can't gain weight and I'm borderline underweight. How do I get a job at a plus size store and manage to explain to them that being "fat" doesn't mean you aren't beautiful or just because I am skinny doesn't mean I cannot do my job to the fullest of my ability... I need help and opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• take the job love you are hate you make sure you get your money but do your job correctly a lot of plus size women have trouble with how to dress and what looks good on them so help them out give them some dressing tips and make them feel goo about themselves

• I just don't want to take a job that I love and end up hating it because people are uncomfortable talking to me. Will it be encouraging for them to make themselves better or will it discourage them because maybe they have no hope that they won't be skinny? I think everyone is beautiful the way God created them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it seems unfair, but many of those places require you to wear their clothes to work there so that's one thing...

This is going to sound more ridiculous but hear me out:
    Many plus sized women have body issues, and when they go to those stores they feel more comfortable. They feel even more comfortable seeing that other plus sized women work at the store and are helping them find the clothes they are looking for. If someone who they perceive having the "ideal body image" is showing them around, ringing them out, and helping them with dressing rooms it may not go over well with some of them. No matter how nice you are, how qualified, or how helpful. On the other side of the coin you can take stores like Abercrombie in to account who won't hire bigger or unattractive women due to "maintaining the stores image" it's insane, it's unfair, and we should all love one another but it just doesn't work like that sometimes. If you really want the job and it's a good opportunity for you take it. But you'll probably have more than a few struggles working there.

• Thanks that helped. I didn't think of it that way but your right. I'm sure there will be other job opportunities.

What Guys Said 3

• Not at all a job is a job girl

• I would get checkled for a tape worm

• No, she's a role model.

• Being underweight is a role model? I'm not bashing her, she said herself she's underweight.

• I don't see what the problem is. "Plus size" is not healthy either. It's just a job at a retail clothing store... no big deal.

• So, I may be a little underweight but im not near as healthy as some bigger people. I'm not talking about people who are 400+ pounds because that may be very unhealthy in a lot of aspects, but most bigger people are way more healthier then I am. So that's not always true.

What Girls Said 2

• Thats ludicrous. People should be hired on merit not appearance.

• Why are you so keen to work at a plus size store? Surely there's more than two jobs out there...

• Because they pay twice what I'm making now and they are the only ones who offer me jobs.