Can I unscrew the balls on my belly button piercing and just leave the bar in?

I got it pierced without my family knowing (don't comment if you're going to lecture me on that part) and I'm wondering if it would be okay to just have the bar in without the top and bottom balls screwed on or if that would be a bad idea. Also if I did that would it be hard to put the balls back on since both would be off?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would suggest leaving the balls attached, due to it being freshly done. Taking them off could cause the bar to move to much and the holes to re-close

• It was pierced a month and a couple weeks ago, does that still count as freshly done?

• have you changed it yet? if you haven't then you will need to find retainers for it

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you thinking of keeping the bar in so your piercing does not close?
    The bar would pretty much fall out because there's nothing holding it in.
    Why do you want to unscrew the balls?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• It'll fall out, if you've had your piercing for a while then it shouldn't close immediately, however there's belly button "retainers" i believe, just search for them xx

• no! if it swells or moves AT ALL you could lose the bar e. g your skin would heal around it and you may have to get it surgically removed

• If the balls aren't screwed on the stud could work its way out.