Is it better to have just 1 YouTube channel instead of several?

I heard before that its better to combine your videos as much as possible into one channel. And recently someone told me that I am digging my own hole with having too many channels.
I have 1 where I talk about social issues and random vlogs (8k subs)
1 vegan channel thats growing fast since shortly (1k)
a gaming channel (600-700 subs)
a polymer clay artist channel and a dance channel (both very new)

I thought about combining them into one but still... I think the topics I cover I so diverse.

So I would appreciate your opinion on this.

Most Helpful Guy

• My feeling says you may lose followers if you do that... since only one out of every X publications on the one channel would interest a specific follower :o
    Maybe it's a good idea to post one video to every channel, where you explain what different initiatives you take and which channels you have. That may lead followers from one channel to others :D

• thanks Hans :) I agree with that and thats how ill be doing it or continu to do it :)

• You're welcome. You're taking very nice intiatives so some support is given with a smile :D

What Guys Said 4

• Not always cause then people could see your other channels and one of them could make you famous then the other channels would become famous too.

• yeah just combine them or do a weeks worh of vidios in one channel in a few days and then post them every week so you dont get a long task befor you and u have some chill time

• One channel for one particular niche :D
    If you packed up all your varying videos in one singl channel then who the hell is going to subscribe.
    For eg: You uploaded a weight loss tips type of video with others bloats of videos in a single channel then neither I will subscribe to your channel nor I will search for you.
    Moral: One Channel for One Niche ;)

• I think it's better to keep multiple ones. That way people can choose which one they wanna subscribe to.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you have the right idea.

It's clearly working for you.

Although I may add on your main channel list the other channels that you have (or put them at the end of each video) so people can see you are versatile.

Generally versatility appeals to a wide audience.

• I have two only because I don't want to associate one with the other because they are so diverse.