Would you encourage the child to transition during childhood? Apparently a child can take hormone blockers to delay puberty. If a male child were to take estrogen during puberty, his body would develop like a girl's. It's easier than waiting until adulthood.
Or would you encourage the child to wait until adulthood to make that decsion? It's a pretty big deal. It changes you permanently and renders you sterile.
Or would you discourage the child from transtioning at all?
- Allow the child to transition socially (dress like the opposite sex, change name, change pronouns) but not physically or hormonally, at least until they are 18Vote A
- Allow the child to transition socially and hormonally during pubertyVote B
- Require the child to wait until they are 18 for any sort of transitionVote C
- Discourage the child from transitioning at allVote D
- Other (Please explain)Vote E
Most Helpful Guy
I voted D), but I guess it's really C) in the end.
I don't see the point of social transition, unless what they want for a high school experience is endless bullying. While I do accept a certain portion of `transgender` people having an actual biological disorder; I think people are trying too desperately to throw males and females into their designated little boxes of "masculinity" and "femininity", and I won't stand for that. Be androgynous maybe, but screw getting yourself killed over something so unimportant.0
Most Helpful Girl
I would make sure they go to a psych for a long time before taking hormones to make sure that's what they want and that they're not just confused because the change is basically permanently and if they regret it later, theyll be fucked.
After being 100% sure that's what they want, I'll help them transition before puberty. Not letting them take hormones will only make their life way harder than needed. I'm their mom, if I don't support them, who will?1