Are we afraid to talk about 'race'?

Seems like us white people are. It seems like we're constantly walking on egg shells because we're scared we'll be brandished a racist, which is most often the case.

What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like everyone is, but it's especially white people. It's the political correctness and the fact that people get offended by EVERYTHING. I'm not going to go into it because I don't feel like starting an argument, however if we were talking in person you would hear my opinion that would probably be considered racist even though it's really not 😊

• Yeah I agree!

• For me it's like... if people pin me to be a racist, that's their opinion. I'll accept it, because I'm sure as hell not changing my views based on what a few people call me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• You said it yourself. It is all this political correctness, anti racists hypocrisy thats making white people be afraid and ashamed and even hate their own people.
    You never see black people or Asian people being labeled as racists no matter if they tell that they love their people (and thats great!) or if they committed a hate crime!
    Look at this video. It is full of black on white hate crimes yet you never hear the word 'racist'. Simply because the victim is white.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zttPCDqYU

What Girls Said 3

• LOLOL RIGHT

• Let's talk about race :P

• Agreed, for the most part.

What Guys Said 5

• umm how are white people scared of talking about race? you get me fam?

• White people are definitely afraid to talk about race until they click the Anonymous box and then they are very open about it.

• I won't be the one to bring it up as it makes some people uncomfortable, but I'm not afraid to talk about it with anyone.

• Dont talk about it, and try not to. think about it. Race is just a skin colour so who cares. Ever notice when they say lets talk about race, and then some moron talks about it, the hole world brands him as a racist. So just dontthink about it.

• I'm not white, but yeah it seems a lot of people don't like to be deemed certain things. One of those is a racist. They'll make every excuse in the book as to why they aren't even if they are. Why not embrace who you are?