Is it just me that hate's people who 'correct' you?

Let's say for example: 'I were clothes' and they just correct you saying 'wear' already knowing what you meant?

I've had a hard time learning sh**, and when I see someone who has made a mistake but knew what they have meant.. I don't correct them because I knew what they meant therefore not needing to correct them.

So do you hate those types of people?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I said no, Dont understand me wrong, those people can get on my nerves, but i dont "hate" them.
    People that often correct someone have many inferiority problems, grammar freaks or annoying language teachers. When they correct you they feel like they are better than you for just correcting your meaningless mistake (this makes them feel more powerfull).
    So if one day you meet someone like that again, i advise you to just smile at them and thank them (this annoys some of them;)), ignore them or just tell them to stop that and maybe try to help with their problems.

Hope i helped 👍

What Girls Said 7

• The opposite actually, I respect them, as I am one of them. I value my language and think it should be taken seriously

• You people just sound like assh*les.

No offence but that's how I feel about it.

• Needy fuc*ers

• My apologies for respecting my culture, as language is very much part of culture.

• I don't hate people who correct me but sometimes I feel bad about myself and the bad feeling can last for a couple hours or more. For example today a severely disabled guy was asked by his care taker what song he wanted to listen to. Wanting to help I piped in that he likes to listen to Sunday school songs and then his care taker started yelling at me and saying I should have allowed him to speak for himself. I felt really bad about that cause I thought I was helping but apparently I did more harm then good. I know he meant no ill will towards me but I was in a bad mood around him for the rest of the day.

Another thing was that I did not know how to use the stove and saw a guy washing dishes. I asked if he could show me how to use the stove (AFTER washing the dishes) and expected him to say "sure! I will get to it as soon as I'm done washing the dishes." Instead he got irritated with me and said "no! I'm busy right now" And then I felt bad again.

• To a degree. I don't really hate them because I am one of those people myself, but I do dislike it when people are really rude when correcting someone. You can correct a person without being mean about it. You're just being helpful. When someone gets rude and nasty, though, I don't like that.

• PMSL... Am I the cause if this question because I corrected you when your got "their" and "there" mixed up? Seriously, if you get this upset over something like this, then you need therapy. Or maybe you just need to get laid.

• I actually appreciate when people correct my grammar or any mistakes I make. As long as they're not a pompous asshole about it, I'm okay with it.

• I normally don't either but he had it coming nuff said

• Let me correct your question, dear: Is it just me that hates people who 'correct' you?

No need to thank me.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes I hate it when people do that. I am pretty good at not making these types of mistakes but if I do and you know what I mean then there is no need to correct me. In fact I find it a bit rude to be honest. I don't correct people that talk to me and get it wrong.

• No especially when the person you're correcting doesn't know how to spell and it causes a huge headache.

Something like this drives me crazy
    "That means he knows we wer jutgetting to lnow each other we wre not really in a solid relattionship"

• I sometimes do correct people, but not to be a jerk.

If go through life using the wrong, "their" or "there" all the time it won't look good if you have to write a paper for something important. I'm fairly educated so I pick up on those things very easily, and sometimes politely point them out.

If you go to college you will be in for a rude awakening when writing papers, because you usually get points off for every error.

• Pretty sure "hate's" is wrong.

• I only correct people who attempt to insult others.
    example... if someone were to call another person "stupid" yet spell every word in that sentence wrong, then I'll pull them up on it.

• hates*

,,,,