How come my taste buds don't like beer or any type of alcoholic beverages?

Before 16 years old I barley drank alcohol in my life only time I did was when I was 4 years old I thought it was lemonade. But at 16 years old Istarted trying alcohol drinks when I have the chance but for some reason no matter what drink i drank I can't seem to like alcohol why is that? why is it that I can't seem to like any of these drinks I do want to be able to at lease drink a full cup I can only drink a few sips and that's it for me no matter what alcohol I drink.

Most Helpful Guy

• You must be a super taster. Some people have more sensitive taste buds than others. Super tasters usually hate alcohol and coffee because the stuff is so bitter.

• Oh shit I do hate coffee too only coffee I can drink is french vanilla :).

What Guys Said 5

• I don't really like beer either and it's normal for you not to like it, the taste is kinda bad but I'd rather drink liquor than beer

• Are you sure? like a lot of people who are alcoholics or drink and party a lot seem to love it.

• Maybe some say they love it to fit in with the crowd but I know people that don't like the taste

• I guess so I guess its normal thing :).

• Alcohol doesn't taste Good. Fermented fruits/grains don't usually and distilled alcohols have ao much alcohol there's no flavor to mask it (which it's not a good one, I mean it is harmful) also alcoholic beverages are usually not as sweet as we are accustomed to

• You are most likely drinking nasty alcohol. As is tradition for most teens.

• it's not suppose to taste good.
    but eventually after a few beers you would like it.
    I'm drinking some pale ale right now, it tastes like gasoline. but i love it.

• When you are legally able to drink try a craft beer such as Samuel Adams, Goose Island, Sierra Nevada, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• I get like that sometimes but I look for the affect not the taste haha domedrinks I won't drink because I drank to much of it at one time and threw it all up so I can't stand the taste just see what u like maybe u like things that arnt as strong or that seem to be more like a fizzy drink

• I don't know but I think it's super nasty.