Would you ever do this as your official job?

Your job would be to pick dogs’ poo from the park. After yer job’s over u’ll get paid $10/pound of poo u collected. For xample if u managed to collect 10 pounds of dogs’ poo then u’ll have $100

Would u accept da offer?

• Accept
  • decline
personally i'd accept as well... seems like an easier job than others

Most Helpful Guy

• --According to google, the average human poop weighs about.27 lbs. People often grossly overestimate their poop weight as 2-4 lbs it turns out.

I have two great danes, and I'd say that their poop is roughly the same size as a human, give or take a bit. Great Danes are very big dogs though, and not many people have them. Many own smaller dogs, like Chihuahas or whatever. That dog is going to poop small lightweight poo. So, like @KDA20 said, that's a loooot of poop to pick up. To give an idea of $10 bucks, Chick fil A, the fast food restaurant, pays people $10 or a little more per hour. $10.25 if I remember?

Next comes the problem of picking it up:
    Many owners at dog parks clean up after their dog with plastic bags they carry around. They often throw those plastic bags away. There is also the difficulty of finding the poop. I mean, the only way you can really find it is by stumbling upon it. Based on my picking up dog crap experience, you have to be within 2-3 meters to see it in grass. You are going to have to be walking around searching for it and have very good luck.

--Tough to find.
    --Payed by the pound, and a pound is difficult to procure.
    --Not to mention the job isn't the most glamorous.

I'm going to decline. It's not really the fact it has to do with poop --Hell, I'd become a port o potty cleaner if the pays good. It's the fact the pay is (almost literally) crap.

• Damn son, you brought in statistics and everything

• i thought it was easy to find dogs poo... not only in da park but on da street as well hahahahah
      also yeah those owners would destroy yer job since they'd pick their dogs poo for u :'(

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 3

• No one would ever be able to make a basic living doing that. One pound of dog shit is a lot, never mind 10 pounds!! It would be impossible to pick up 10 pounds of poo in a day's work.

• I would not accept it at first place. But life; you never know.

• No.
    Maybe as a side volunteer thing, but as an official job?
    Nah.

What Guys Said 9

• Mate a pound of dog poo is a hell of lot - Roughly need 10 lbs of poo a day to make a living wage - I think it would be harder than it sounds.

• i think dog's poo r almost as heavy as human's poo... so i guess if humans shit 1 lbs/session.. then dogs shit like 0.8-0.9 lbs/session

• Even the largest dog breeds have relatively small poo compared to humans. They have much smaller intestinal tracts. I've owned large dogs all my life. I have a Doberman and my parents have a GSD and a Greyhound, and even when I walk all three at the same time I won't get a pound of poop out of them, lol.

I can tell you've never had a dog or walked one very often! 😊 🐕

• @musicbrain5 yeah as i said above never had a dog before

so i've got no idea how they weigh xactly... done some research in google puttin various keywords like "average weight"*"dogs poo/feces/stool"... didn't find anything :|

i found about humans this though:

"Each day, on average, people produce 1 ounce of poop for each 12 pounds of their body weight"

so maybe it works da same way wid dogs? for xample if a dog weighs 48 pounds then produce 4 oz of poop/daily? if that's so then it's only 0.25 pounds.

• Nope demeaning and worthless job and it would be really hard sustain yourself on the pay especially with it being unpredictable and unstable instead of consistent and steady.

• I'd accept if I know the park was full of poo 8) 8)
    If you know you can collect 10 per hour... hum hum it would be a good business case even if I were to buy a good breathing mask as protection against the smells!

• Every job has it's respect... no looks down upon garbage collectors... if someone does it is bad!!

And in your case, the more you collect the more you get ;) that's a good offer :)

• No, I can't see how I'd be happy and satisfied with myself working like this xD

• If my family member was sick and I had no other choice then I would do it for them.

• Based on your pay system, I'd decline. Too much shit to find basically. If it payed better, it would be worth it to me.

• Not even for 1000 dollars

• I'll accept it, only if you join me. So what's your decision? Will you join me?