Girls, Older women, Would you ever date teen guy?

So this is quite simple really.

I don't get along very well with girls my age. I cannot stand having conversations consiting about nothing but partying, drinking and drugs, i cannot stand how financially irresponsible they are.

Even on here, I get talking with 16-18 year old girls, And i just cannot have conversation with them, i have nothing incommon. Its just endless small talk.

Yet, I talk to 20-30 year old women on here and its just so much better, they are so much more intelligent and non bitchy. And i can spend hours talking to them just having decent and meaningful conversation. There are some 25ish year old women on here who i have long conversations with almost daily.

Now, I'm 17, And going to be 18 next year (Its probably worth noting i live in the UK and the age of consent is 16 unlike 18 in the US). And, I'm aware most girls want an older guy, But, Would there be any girls who are 20-35 who could see themselves with a very mature and financially stable 18 year old? (I started college at 16 and finishing next year and already have a respectable income job lined up and earn enough to have my own place).

And, Without sounding conceited (Please don't think i am), i did a rate me on here a few times, And the majority of people said 8/10. So, i'm not ugly.

Thank you.

• I am 20-35 and i could date date you without age being an issue.
    12% (6)
  • I am 20-35 and couldn't date you as age would be an issue.
    42% (21)
  • I am 35+ And could date you.
    0% (0)
  • I am 35+ And couldn't date you.
    8% (4)
  • I am under 20 and could date you.
    22% (11)
  • I am under 20 and could not date you.
    16% (8)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 27, my boyfriend is 3 years younger than me, and he's really mature
    I think the same thing applied to you, but your age is way too young for me
    my point is, you're perfectly normal, you can try to date someone older ;)

• thank you for the MHO!
      good luck in your love life, nothing wrong with the preference, everybody have their own preference ;)

What Girls Said 21

• You have officially piqued my curiosity. I answered yes because there is always that.1% chance in which my usual overcautioness is all for naught.

I've found that two important traits for me, humbleness and discretion, age like a fine wine. My biggest concern would be a lack of experience in having your ass kicked thoroughly by an unkind world. All great fighters have become better by being beaten down and then taking that experience and learning from it to make themselves better.

Feel free to message me if you need a sounding board in your pursuit of a woman who is on your level. Good luck!

• Awww.....no No I couldn't date a guy that young, I found it hard enough to put the two and a half years between me and my boyfriend out of my mind. He;'s the only younger guy I've ever been with.

You just haven't found the right friends, as someone else said. When I was a 15/16/17 year old girl my male friends were all older, not because I have a thing for older guys (which I might do... but anyways!) it's because kids my age were boring, dull, immature assholes. So there will be girls out there who feel the same as you, you aren't alone.

• If all of this is true then I am sure you should be fine and will find someone more mature. I think it is more about advertising yourself. Just bear this in mind, being mature so young can mean you're giving up the only time in your life where you are expected to still have some carefree fun. I am pretty sure most women don't want a boring man, much less a boring young man.

All that being said, I chose that I am over 20 would probably date you.

• I think you're just talking to the wrong girls. You should look for more serious girls (yes, there are serious girls of your age). Maybe look for girls who are on A level. They tend to be more serious from experience. Don't give up on your age group already.

• If everything in your post is true, then I have no doubt that you will find somebody wonderful who is more mature than the average younger girl, given time.

Your relative financial stability is a huge plus! Most of the men that I know around my age are still too morally irresponsible to ensure that their rent is paid every month, much less plan for their lives. Responsibility is something that I truly look for in a person, along with decency and a humble attitude.

For me, however, your age would be an issue. It means a world of difference in life experience that may or may not be able to be bridged by an increased level of maturity. The social stigma around an age difference would also mean that people would look down on the relationship, and those feelings can effect anybody given enough pressure.

• Sorry, no. I wouldn't ever date a guy younger than me. At least, not until I'm in my late 20s. You can say you're mature until you're blue in the face, but biochemically, you're not even close to full development. Girls reach full brain development at around 22, and men reach it at about 30, and it shows.

• That fact that you generalize every girl in your age groups shows your immaturity. You just sound like a silly little boy with a fetish for older women.

• I have no desire to go to jail.

• when I was used to be 24 23 22 some were around there I used to date guys who were 18 19 age range and I'm single and 25 now but I don't if I would be able to date guys that are 18 or 19 cause that might be a big age gap but I don't mind dating a guy that was in the 18-19 or 20-22 age range because some guys my age can be sometimes immature and mean to me

• No offense but no because the age is an issue you being financially stable is a plus to a lot of older women because that is the main reason why women don't want to be with younger guys,

• I thought younger men like to go for younger women

• Well darn, I love guys who actually have something to talk about xD It makes sense though, since they have grown up and have life experience.

• Nope, sorry. I don't date younger guys lol if anything I prefer them to be a few years older than me.

• Lol omg you sound like a sweet asshole. Seriously you are being picky but i guess you just like what you like so carry on..

• I don't talk about partying, drinking, or drugs. That's not my lifestyle. About money, not every teen is going to be irresponsible with their money. Your generalizing. Your not the only one with more maturity!

• You need to find the right girls

• I'm going to be 20 on my next birthday and you sound like the kind I'd date :)

• 19 years old, maybe. But in my experience, I haven't really clicked much with someone younger than me. It's not to say I wouldn't click with an 18 year old, I just haven't yet. I, too, started university just before I turned 16.

I think you just need to find the right lady. You know basically what you don't like (I know what I don't like more than what I do want/like), so I'm sure you will be alright. It might just take some time finding the right one you click with, whatever the age may be.

• you just haven't found the right set of friends ;)
    There will always be girls who are in the same age as you who would think more than silly stuff. I get what you feel coz i also thought the same way before but don't blocked your mind from meeting girls at the same age who could be the same as you. The girls you've met didn't align with you coz they have different ideals and different upbringing. Find someone with the same interests. Of course older women have more experience and had gone through your age so they understand you more. You can pm me anytime to have some talk. lol.

In terms of dating, why not (but 17 is too young. probably when you turn 19 at least), there are older men than you are who are immature so age aren't consistent in this aspect. However, dating older people than you are might cause conflict of interest. Probably you are just open to learn new things and that's good but take it slow and don't jump on age group right away.

• I would have dated an 18 year old when I was 20-21 but I am too old to date a teen - even an awesome one - now. I'm 32 and I'd say 26 would be my limit now.

• I will never do this