Girls, Confused about my bust size?

So I saw online to size yourself, you take your band measurement and the measurement around your boobs and subtract them to find the difference.
So my band size is: 36
My breast measurement is: 42
So thats a 6 inch difference.
That makes me a 36F?

I am so lost, I don't think I look like an F. I've been wearing D or DD cup bras all this time.
Is this mearuement conversion correct?
I don't want to have to buy allll new bras :( I should have fitted myself better in the past.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey hey hey girl, don't worry. The cup size is completely relative to your band size (so a 34B has the same volume as a 36B and a 32G has less volume than a 38G) so wearing a D/DD versus an F can be the same volume. And is the actual measurement around your rib cage 36 inches (make sure you don't add 4/5 inches. You can add/subtract an inch to make it an even number though).

If you're shocked by your size, check out:
    http://www.brabandproject.com/

• Update: If you want a more accurate fit you can check out the guide at brasizecalculator. tk or check out the community over at www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits :)

• Btw: I wrote a my take about this issue so if you want more information, I put it pretty much all in there and covered some myths and facts as well. :)

What Girls Said 10

• It depends what country you're in... This link should be able to help!
    www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx
    But, like it says, you should go with the bra that feels the most comfortable and provides the best support for you, because ultimately, you're the person having to wear it. Also, bra measurement is easy to get wrong (No offence to you) so it's not the be all and end all.
    Your method of measurement is correct, but the amount of clothing and the bra you wear when you measure yourself can affect the results- some people even say you get slightly different measurements during different stages of your cycle anyway... So that could all affect your size...
    The best thing to do is wear what's comfortable for you!

• As long as you're comfortable in your bras and they fit correctly, don't worry about it. If you're having trouble, use different keys online and compare results. All else fails, you can pay some lady at a store to touch your breasts and measure you and try to sell you a $40 bra.

• I was professionally fitted and told that I was a 38F. I wear a DDD and find it fits just fine. It definitely depends on the bra, though. They all fit differently.

• You are a US 36DDD. I use to fit bras a store.

www.avokado.co.nz/images/fitting_guide/mythDDa.jpg

• that seems so big though! lol

• try measuring the area just above your breasts and your actual breast subtract the number from above your boobs from your boob measurement every inch is one size up. 1 inch difference= A 2 inch difference= B 3 inch difference= C 4 inch difference= D

• did you have a bra on when you measured?

go with what fits more than the size. there are rules on how to tell if a bra fits right. like do the straps stay up, how many fingers you can get under than band...

• didn't measure with a bra. should i have?

• No you shouldn't have. I bet she was making sure that you didn't bc that would give an incorrect fit

• Just go to Victoria secret they will measure you

• Victoria Secret's uses an outdated during method where they add 4 to the band (which puts you in too loose of a band, which decreases the support) and they measure your band size over your chest instead of under it, which will give an incorrect measurement. I correctly wear a 32FF. Victoria Secrets will measure me at a 36B or 36C. Neither of which fit OR support my chest properly.

• It's actually an E, because it goes A B C D DD E

• Most women underestimate their bra size, you are most likely the larger size. I thought I was a B and found out I'm a D xD

• Get professionally fitted. Simple.

• Where can I do that? I hear Victoria's Secret isn't accurate.

• Nordstroms will give a good fit. Their bras are expensive but you don't have to buy them there (you can buy online instead). Or you can measure yourself :)

• Go to a lingerie boutique or Nordstrom