Do you think texting while walking is dangerous?

• Yes I do
  • No I don't

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, I do.

For the simple fact I've seen people bump into eachother because they aren't paying attention to their surroundings

The more extreme cases would be those who walk into ongoing traffic with their earphones in walk talking on the phone.

You name it... it has happened

The reasons why rules are put in place is because there is a high percentage of people who have had these tragic events happen to them due to not paying attention to their surroundings.

Rules are put into effect to caution people

Of course people know better , but some need to be reminded. Even then some people still proceed to do it anyway.

• Yes, I do. From personal experience. I lived in the country and was walking home from work late at night. I was texting a friend, and due to the darkness around me and the light of my phone, my eyes fixated on it and I couldn't see anything outside of my direct field of vision. Suddenly, the light changed and I looked up, realizing I had wandered into the middle of the road and a truck was speeding towards me. I got out of the way and never texted without continuously raising my head again.

• No, I do it all the time, and as you can see I haven't died yet.

• Yes I do think it's dangerous because you might bump into someone while you're looking down at the phone. You might get ran over by a car because you're too busy looking at your phone. You might trip and fall. A lot of dangerous things can happen while you're texting on your phone and walking. I do this a lot but I'm trying to stop :/

• yes that's really dangerous.. you don't pay attention to the road

• Yes what if you stumble on a cracked sidewalk or fall into an open pothole? I'm not that obsessed with my cell phone but I know plenty of people who are lol

• Yes.

They bump into people;
    They can bump into a hole;
    They can fall into a hole;
    They can walk against traffic.

There's a price for not paying attention.

• I do that all day and haven't learned my lesson 😭

• I can't even walk normally without finding walls and trees. No need to add a complication in.

• It can because all of a sudden they might fall down in a hole or into a sign. :D

• Yeaaah if you're not seeing the car coming straight at you...

• Most definitely I almost ran some guy over just last week.

• I have hit so many parked cars doing so when I was younger

• Maybe, but it depens on how you text right? If you texting while stupid then it's dangerous ;)

• I hit a pole once while reading (not texting), hit a tree too and a wall and another time I fell becoz I didn't notice a stone while walking and reading Jane Eyre. Yes its dangerous and my torn pant and bruised hand and leg are evidence enough. Avoid texting while walking.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, it is dangerous, but it is a calculated risk. I do it all the time even though I know it is dangerous. I may end up running into a street sign pole (as I've seen happen to others before) but I'm willing to take that chance.

• yes definetely that's y i avoid it... especially when u cross da road... u might get hit by a car and never be able to update yer status again :'(

• I always stop to text, I never walk and text otherwise I'd need this even though I don't have a Blackberry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bV7pM_HS70

• Humans can't do two things at once. It's been proven psychologically. You could walk into a wall, walk into traffic or a telephone poll. Like that sign says "Your Facebook status update can wait".

• Texting while crossing the street --- so many have lost the battle...

• Yeah it is dangerous because you could walk out in front of a car, trip fall, run into something.

• Yes. It can always happen that you can get hit by a car or a person on a bike
    or you trip and hit your head, many possible ways to injure yourself when you don't watch out