Is it fun being drunk?

I'm only 17 and can't drink yet because it illegal, but I want to have some alcohol in my life; just a little. But I want to experience getting drunk, I want to know how crazy I'll get and dumb stuff like that. So, my questions are: Do you know what you're doing whne you're drunk? Will remeber a lot? How bad is the headache the next day? Was it worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the beginning, yes. The thing with alcohol (just like with most drugs) is that, int the beginning, you just need a certain amount of it to feel "good" and have this feeling of boldness. But as you continue to drink through ur life you need more and more of it to keep experiencing the same feeling. Until you reach a point where you need a whole bottle of whisky or vodka to feel how you used to with a glass of wine.

But by having that amount of alcohol your body starts experiencing other side effects as well: you get sleepy, you feel like crap, your stomach aches, you lose energy etc. All these effects counter those good feelings alcohol provides you, feelings that - when you used to drink just a glass of wine - could manifest themselves whithout any other effects countering them.

So people will never ever feel as good about alcohol as they used to when they first started drinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being drunk is unique for each person. Not all people are going to do some crazy thing while intoxicated. Some would cry, others would be very agressive. Personally, how I know when I am starting to get drunk is when I start to feel so sleepy. Imagine being tired everytime you drink - not that crazy, huh? As for how much you will remember the next day; that also depends on how high is your tolerance to alcohol. And it is never worth it. I can't speak about headaches because I never had one. And most people don't know what they are doing when they are drunk; friend of mine walked into a club with black long coat and returned home the next morning with white, short women's jacket. He hadn't even realised it. So, I think this covers all of your questions. Just don't steal some guy's jacket when you finally get drunk. ;)

What Guys Said 12

• Being drunk isn't fun. I got drunk once and it ruined my night, therefore since then I've never gotten drunk again.
    Being tipsy is what's fun. Stopping right before the last shot or beer is perfect and it is really fun because you feel more... happy? I don't know how to explain it but it is fun.
    Getting drunk isn't fun, and I wouldn't recommend it, but tipsy yes, that's the best state.

• Tipsy/Light buzz is fun because you're just happy and there are no hangovers after but getting drunk isn't fun to me.

• I just get a little wobbly on my feet if I drink a lot. To me it feels like I am really tired. I have never drunk so much that I have gotten a hangover the next day. Like maybe 2 pitchers of alcohol is the most I ever drink.

• I drink because I think it is exotic I guess, I like drinking any kind of liquid and alcohol is the fanciest type of drink.

• Some people don't know what they're doing. In fact, that gives opening to some embarassing events for that drunk person...

My brother gets verbally agressive when he drinks to much, he'd start fights... not good.

When I'm drunk I can still think straight, but I can't walk in a straight line anymore, and I can't bring out an understandable sentence...

I think seeing your friends drunk is more fun than being drunk yourself

• I wouldn't know never drank in my life

• Lots of people enjoy it. I personally hate it, but a light buzz is pleasant. I'll have 2 or 3 drinks and that's it.

• Between the ages of about 15-25 I do not think there was a day when I was not drunk. it is nothing I am proud of and the only respite was I was a happy drunk. My father who was an alcoholic was a violent drunk

• It's fun for some. Not for everyone.

Personally, I don't drink.

• Well I drank a couple tequila's one night and I woke up on the front lawn without my shirt and no recollection of the night.

• never got drunk only had 4 or 5 drinks on night out but from my mates getting drunk is awful

• Yes it's worth it yes the hang over aucks don't drink with other drinking virgin have a supervisING older friend and if you don't over drink you should remember all of it and it's not that hard to get booze under age I got drunk at 16

• It's not worth it, being drunk is not worth it at all, I drink for taste, not the effects, and I know what my limit is

What Girls Said 6

• Only if you know your limit (it's fun)

But if you get a sloppy mess that's where the fun ends.

-Hangovers
    -Throwing up
    -Blacking out which (sometimes leads to)

-Fights with others
    -Poor decision making
    -A person getting physically taken advantage of
    etc.

• depends if you get black out drunk or not.
    I know what i'm doing and it makes me sad so don't drink xD
    its not worth it.

• Funny, I only ever got drunk once. I wanted to know what it was like. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a thrill either. I don't feel the need to get rid of my inhibitions. So I just haven't done it again, but I'm glad I had the experience.

• just spin around for 20 seconds then sit down (results may vary)

• Drunk on wine yeah

• Do you not have alcohol dealers?
    At 15 we would get drunk off our faces
    It's fun but the first time I got drunk I didn't remember anything and my friend had to take me home..

• I agree I think it is funnest to drink when it is illegal. Once you are legal, it is not nearly as exciting.