If you were given £/$1,000,000, how much of it would you give to charity, if you would?

Curious to see the results

• Specific Number (Comment)
  • All of it
  • Most of it
  • Half of it
  • Some of it
  • None of it

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• None, at least not yet. I'd buy some foreclosed homes first to flip and sell and once I've multiplied the money considerably, THEN I would donate some of it to charity.

What Girls Said 9

• A good majority of the money donated to charity does not actually go to the ones they claim to benefit. I wouldn't donate to a charity. I prefer to help people directly.

• Let's pretend that at least 95% of the donation would go to where it's supposed to

• Well, $1,000,000 isn't as much as one thinks and doesn't go far. Especially after the IRS gets their cut. I would take care of the needs of my family first. Money needs to be saved for the furture of my children as well. I may donate a small portion to an actual charity, but maybe not much. I would have to see a return on my invest there. For instance, I would look towards the search for a cure of my son. There are many organizations working on this. I would want to invest in the one who is more likely to result in that cure. I prefer to be proactive. Tbh, I am more likely to start my own charity than to donate to another. I'm one of those people you would see going to third world countries helping to provide food, water, clothing, housing, orphanages and medicines.

• I'd have to talk with a financial planner and an accountant about what the best options would be to know for sure.

• I wouldn't donate shit to charity because I don't know what's really being done with my money after they get it, but I will use it to help those who I know actually need it to help them find jobs, homes, and etc.

• I'd not give any of it to charity right away. When it's included in the rest of my money, I'd give as I normally give when something need support.

• IT'S MY MONEY, AND I DON'T NEED IT NOW! lol. I'll give it all to charity I'm happy with what I got, they mostly need it than we do anyway :) <3

• More than half of it

• I'd donate a little not to be greedy but I'd like to stabilize my life first and help out my family.

• I'll be honest. I'm not donating any of it.

• I'd use that money to make more money and then give a bunch to charity.

What Guys Said 16

• I'd donate some, but I'm going to keep a large majority of it. I'd fix whatever needs to be fixed to give me a stable life, then I'd get a financial advisor and invest a lot of it so I have something down the road.

• Not a penny to begin with.

I'd put it in a bank and live offa' the interest (£2,500 / $3,905.50 Per Week which is £130,000 / $203,086 per year)

And, After doing that for a couple years, Id probably give like 10k per year to charity or something.

• Of the million? None of it, I might give some out of the interest or external earnings but not a massive amount. Partly down to greed, but also because i'm a worrier and even with that money i'd fear that i'd not always have such financial safety. Plus i'm suspicious of a good few charities and their motives, while i'm all up for a good cause it's not always guaranteed it'll go to it. Plus to pick just one charity would be tough and when you think about how much people have donated and how limited some results have been... it's disheartening.

• I would invest if first and then the money I make off of it I would donate to charity

• Most charities unfortunately withhold most of the money instead of actually giving it to the cause they're supposedly for.

• I'm already giving hundreds of $ /month to charity. Non deductible.

• None of it.

If people wanted their money to be donated to charity then they shouldn't have placed it in a lottery. Fuck sick kids I want my own tiger.

• It's my money. Why would I owe it to people who haven't gotten anywhere with the millions they get given anyway?

• Do not knowwwww
    I sure would buy that one homeless guy I keep seeing new clothes, a shower and a freaking meal because he's a good person

• I'll give about none of it

• Half of it is more than enough for me to pay off my car payment and school. I will make more donations after I graduate and become what I've been studying for.

• at least $300,000

• Bout half of it. Buy a McClaren, pay for most of my future.

• All of it I don't need money to make me happy

• I'd buy a really cool car, then give the rest to charity.

• I would donate $0.0000000000000000001 to charity. Hope they spend it wisely.