Is it bad to feel you NEED a man in your life?

Obviously I grew up in the whole I don't need a man culture. But no matter how much I try to tell myself that it's true it's just not, for me

I'm not unhappy or anything, I have good job, good friends and a lot of fun but I don't have a boyfriend and I do feel I need one. It's ok to be single now but I wouldn't consider my life complere without having had sex and being married and all that comes with a relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what you mean by need. If you are completely happy in your life and would just want a boyfriend that isn't needing a boyfriend. If your life is miserable and you aren't happy with yourself just because you NEED a boyfriend then I think that's incredibly unhealthy. People like this shouldn't be seeking out relationships until they sort out their personal issues in my opinion. The latter doesn't sound like you. You seem happy with your life and you can just see how a relationship could enrich your life more than it already is.

• I'm not unhappy, I just feel I'd be happier with a boyfriend

• Right that's what I figured. I don't see anything wrong with that then.

Most Helpful Girl

• men need women
    and women need men

end of story dont let people tell you otherwise and dont follow all the stupid fads appearing out of nowhere just because a lot of people like to parrot what they hear

What Guys Said 6

• It isn't bad, as long as it isn't "any man".

• no I'm actually quite picky, I need to work on that

• It's not bad, since you mentioned that you're happy, you just want to share the hapiness with someone

• It's not wrong to feel that way. A lot of people feel the need for a relationship and anything that comes with one.

• No it's okay to feel that way. A lot of people do.

• It's completely normal I'd say it's just your humanity

• yes, it is.

What Girls Said 1

• I feel the same. Keep that independent side of yours because you can't depend on someone else to make you happy. Its always nice to share your life with someone else.