Why is the sky blue?

I need to know the secret of the universe...

0|0
6|11

Most Helpful Guy

• The same reason the area around the sun looks yellow, actually. Light with more energy (blues) can bounce off air molecules and go in a different direction, so sunlight doesn't just go straight to your eye or else the sky would be black. Red-yellow light travels pretty much straight. You only see those colors scattering when the light goes through a lot of atmosphere, like near the horizon or at sunset or sunrise. It's called Raleigh Scattering (RAW-lee) if you want to impress people.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Air molecules are small and when sunlight passes through it appears blue coming towards us since blue is a shorter wavelength. Direct sunlight looks "white" to us for example but blue going through air. Hope that helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, this is what I learned in astronomy.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• It's actually not blue.
    Our eyes only perceive it that way. Color is perception.

The answers to the universe is just that, perception.

0|0
    0|0
  • Google is your friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just the stupid atmosphere favouring the blue from the light spectrum.. Fucking atmosphere

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    1|2
  • Due to the atmosphere

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's the reflection of light off of water

0|0
    0|2
  • it's green! how many times i gotta say it? green, green, green, green, green, green!

0|0
    0|0
  • You should use google. smarter than us

0|0
    0|0
  • God made it that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • The molecules inot the atmosphere reflect blue light and absorb the rest

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Blue is actually a very tricky color for nature to be pulled off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PB5l5Sk5xs

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's sad :(

1|0
    0|0
  • its blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up rayleigh scattering. It's about how light interacts with the atmosphere.

0|0
    0|0
  • If anyone tells you it's the reflection of the ocean they're wrong. It's actually reflection of the gases in our ozone layer. It means all colors in the spectrum pass through except for blue, it is reflected which is why it's the only color we see.

0|0
    0|0