GAGers: If murder was legal, would you kill anyone?

Be REALLY honest with yourselves when voting. I'm willing to bet that anyone who'd vote B is either a liar or has never had a significantly bad thing happen to them ever. Also, they'd probably be the first ones to die lol

Before anyone gets butthurt over this, this question isn't meant to "challenge the norms of society" and all that other noise. This was made out of boredom, nothing else.

• I would definitely kill people and not just those who deserve it, but those who've pissed me off.
  • I would probably kill a few people who really did me wrong or who truly deserved it.
  • I would probably kill but in war or to avenge loved ones.
  • I still wouldn't kill people.
I personally would've voted B if I could.

I'm really glad though that murder isn't legal. I would be waaaay too scared to step out into a world where it's acceptable to randomly shoot or stab someone in public and not be punished for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Legality aside, I still consider it immoral to kill people. Reasonable, in some instances (like self-defense), but still. So no, unless I really needed to for safety and I had no other reasonable option, I wouldn't kill anyone. XP

I'm such a spoil-sport, haha.

• I suppose the really religious (who aren't shitheads) would also feel the same way lol

• In an ideal world, you wouldn't need to use religion as the sole reason as to why you haven't committed atrocities. But unfortunately, there are plenty of people who would not beat/rape/kill anyone JUST because they're afraid of going to hell.

Then again, you'd also have religious people killing BECAUSE of their religion.

• Yeah, it's always interesting to find people who think the threat of hell is the only reason they shouldn't do bad things, lmao.

And my parents used to make me go to a nearby church, and frankly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near most of those people if killing suddenly became legal. Not saying all church-goers are like these people, but... man. I'm sure they'd think they were doing me a favor by killing me before my sinning got worse. Or that they were doing God a favor. Or something. Yikes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted B) because some people are just too much of a threat to the basic functioning of society and should be removed permanently rather than just thrown in jail. If I had a DEATH NOTE like in Death Note, I would probably get the Eyes of the Shinigami to remove those that are physically violent.

What Girls Said 7

• Probably yeah. What can I say... I guess I do have some evil in me.

• Who needs it to be legal?

• Yes... but what would the rules be? Even if it were legal, I'm sure they would have some rules still. I wouldn't want to be found out if I killed someone, so I'd like things to stay illegal.

• No, I would rather kill myself than kill others...😳

• Yeah i would im cold and heartless haha

• I would never do that, even if it was legal.

• I meant to vote for B, not A

What Guys Said 11

• My dream job is to be a legit #HitMan so damn right without a fuck given... If I got something to say about it ____ would be #WhackedInAnInstant LOL i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• I would kill a lot of drug addicts, alcoholics (violent kind), thugs on the corner etc LOLOLOL

• I honestly don't think I would.

I might have in the past, but not now. It sort of ties into what you wrote yourself: I don't want to live in that kind of world.

Self-defence is one thing, but escalation or initiation is different. I also believe it sabotages your own success. Who trusts a murderer?

• The law wouldn't stop me from going all Dexter on someone if I believed they deserve it. If murder was socially acceptable, I'd probably kill all sorts of douche bags in self defense when they lost their little tempers and attacked me.

• I wouldn't murder anyone unless in my judgement they actually deserve it or they where trying to kill me first.

• I definitely would.

• You can see it in online games. You can kill others.
    Some may say thats unfair to compair, but i believe it is interesting to think about it.

Why was religion started and cultivated? Maybe because helped a lot stabililing the populations too.

• Dude even if i wanted to murder someone, i couldn't. The sight of raw meat makes me wanna puke. I can't even cook ground geef, let alone slaugher another human.

• Ground beef*

• Ohh no, i'd honest murder by a thousand cuts

• I mean, i don't think its my place to go around imposing my judgement on those who "deserve" it. And i also wouldn't kill anyone out of sheer anger or revenge.

I mean, yeah, I'd beat the shit out of them if they pissed me off enough... but killing them isn't really necessary.

• Can I kill kittens is that illegal in Canada does anyone know, i need to know so I can harvest kitty brains for days

• Nope, not even a fly :D

• No I could never. I don't even eat meat. Killing is a definite no for me

• Joker does this in Dark Knight. While we all know murder is illegal, he sort of makes it "legal" for the last few scenes, and makes the two boats decide who to blow up. I won't give it away if you haven;t seen it buttttt, that's the conundrum that Gotham (NYC) battles, should it's citizens turn on each other, no matter what that citizen has done in their past. While they're deciding what to do, Batman himself, is fighting Joker

• If I woke up tomorrow and murder was legal, I would be extremely suspicious of those who made it so.