Why is it that when christains talk about Jesus or God people get all uncomfortable and defencive but not about other religions?

for example, the budda or greak gods

Most Helpful Guy

• Because Buddhists and hellanists aren't pushing their beliefs into politics. There also aren't extremists Buddhists and hellanists in the western world. Also people bash Muslims quite often on this site as if they're the only religion that has insane fundamentalists. There are crazy Christian and Jewish fundamentalists too they just don't make the news as much for some reason. That Orthodox Jew knifed a bunch of people at a gay pride march in Jerusalem not too long ago. American Christian fundamentalists bankroll kill homosexual bills in Africa.

Fundamentalists are the greatest enemies to tolerance and acceptance on the modern world. We should all be bashing these groups whether we're religious or nonreligious.

• Meanwhile in India, Buddhists are setting Muslims on fire and burning to them to death in the streets and kicking Christians out of their homes and forcing them to renounce Christ, or killing them if they do not.

• @daddyrollingstone I actually read about that today. Include those groups in the fundamentalist conversation too.

• Everyone is a little angry

Most Helpful Girl

• CAUSE JESUS IS DA REAL DEALLLLLLLLLL

What Guys Said 1

• People dont worship greek gods... and budda isn't a god.

• i couldn't think of the different gods off the top of my head those are just examples

• Yeah I'm not sure.

There is a certain stigma in this day and age about being a Christian.

It probably has to do with the ultra liberal and politically correct way the media and politicians display everyone. If your white, male, or Christian you are instantly some evil, rich slave driver.

And if your some other 'minority' then you are instantly some innocent person being oppressed by white guys.

It is sad that we can't let begins be bisons and view each other as actual equals, not the way media wants it to be. Where minorities have better rights to make up for white 'privilege'.

• Hahaha,

*its a shame we can't let bigons be bigons

What Girls Said 6

• I think its because people know more about Christianity than about other religions and people of other faiths are less likely to try to convert or influence their greater society with their faith. For example - you don't have Buddhist or Hindu evangelicals in America or Canada but Christian churches that preach are common. I guess another aspect is the exclusivity of christianity. Buddhists say its okay to not believe in God. Christians say unbelievers go to hell. Hindus say it doesn't matter what God you believe in. Christians say polytheists go to hell.

• Because Christianity is the one that oppressed a sexuality in America for years. Which is ironic giving Lividicus also stated they couldn't eat shellfish nor cut the sides of their hair but nobody abided to that.

• Because people are asswholes, go figure

• People can be majorly, amazingly, mind blindingly STUPID

• I'm glad that your young and stand up for being a Christian a lot of kids your age don't

• Lots of people in general don't because there are so many cruel atheists or people of other religions that might beat on them for it

• You are joking right
    People on this website bash Muslims all the time
    They call Muslims terrorist

• I didn't know that I'm new on this website

• Yes they do they called Mohammed a pedophile and say that Muslims follow a violent religion and they bash them for not eating pork

• I'm not sure :p My muslim friend gets really angry when I talk about the bible LOL She's just feels really strong about her religon and I'm sure other people do too.