How to be more outgoing and make a better first impression?

So I'm pretty shy when it comes to meeting people for the first time. I don't usually open up for months after talking to a person, because of insecurities and being afraid that I'll be judged. It takes a lot for me to trust people as well. A lot of the time people don't give me a chance to open up and seem judgmental when I'm shy or can't keep a conversation going. I used to be outgoing when I was younger and you wouldn't be able to shut me up if I just met you. After I've gotten to know someone and I feel comfortable I can be loud and silly and apparently fun to be around (who knows how true that is) but I just wish I could be better at first impressions and being more outgoing at first. Id love to meet new people, just at random coffee shops or whatever, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I have social anxiety so that's a major reason for this, but is there any way I can improve myself in this aspect?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't care about how others perceive you. Make sure that you like yourself, and if there are things you don't like change them. Once your are comfortable with yourself you should not have to care about what others think of you, and that is one of the keys to getting people to like you. people flock to confident secure people, so just be confident. Do not let yourself get embarrassed no matter what happens joke about yourself and laugh it off. if you do or say something stupid just joke about yourself, it helps a lot trust me!

Most Helpful Girl

• u know, there's nothing wrong with not being really outgoing especially if ur not used to it. u dont have to make friends with everyone u meet.

i think the key is not to force it though. i was kinda in a similar mindset at that age so i just told myself id do baby steps. say ur in a random place. dont talk to anyone, just smile if someone makes eye contact with u. not a creepy smile of course haha, just enough to give off the vibe that ur friendly.

once u feel comfortable with ur body language, then u can spark little conversations. so cliche but asking for the time or talking bout the weather never get old lol. i mean no one says ur flirting, ur just trying to get over something within yourself.

my final suggestion would be to find a job in retail or get into some kind of community involvement. sporting club, volunteer work, tutoring, choir, etc... this will put u in situations where there r people who r like little flower buds waiting for the right time to bloom :P

What Guys Said 2

• See
    A true friend is someone with whom you can be real you and can behave anyway you want same things applies for a boyfriend so open up and if a person doesn't like you for that then leave him 😊

• i think you need to stop questioning yourself which makes it an issue in your mind. Work on your confidence in yourself and hang around people with interests similar to yours

What Girls Said 0