Girls, Why does some school doesn't allow girls to wear jeggings?

Hi I am going to a new school in few weeks on the dress code it says girl are not allowed to wear jeggings I was wondering why? Why can't we? Is jegging the same as regular skinny jeans expected there is no open pocket in the front. Please anyone answers me

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are very openly sexist, and you will find they only enforce "dress codes" with curvy girls. If you have a small chest and hips like me you can break any dress code you want and no one will say anything. They are just teaching curvy girls to hate themselves and that their bodies are inherently sexual it doesn't accomplish anything. My principal in middle school finally made a rule that teachers are only allowed to make dress codes that apply to girls AND boys. So if girls had to cover their shoulders so did boys, if boys couldn't have saggy ass pants neither could girls.

What Girls Said 16

• Because the majority of schools have very obviously sexist dress codes. It's a "distraction" to the guys, so just because a couple guys can't control themselves, all girls need to dress a certain way. Unfair isn't it?

• Jeggings to the policy makers at schools are the equivalents to really short mini skirts, or really low V-cut tops on girls. Schools typically use the excuse that if we allow these things, the girls will be over sexualized which could lead to distractions and harassment. I went to two different schools with extremely strict uniform policies, and as was explained to me, you are there at school to get an education, not walk the catwalk in a runway show and if I intended to attend these schools, or future jobs with uniform or standards of dress, I would be expected to conform to the rules, or would have to go elsewhere. Yup, unfortunately these people are right. They would argue and they'd be right that your education is not dependent on you being able to wear jeggings to class. So yeah, you'll probably learn pretty quickly as I did, that its a useless fight. Just enjoy them on your weekends and in your free time where there are blissfully no rules!

• Because apparently if girls wear leggings or jeggings everyone in the room will start masticating uncontrollably and no one will pay attention

• Because they are really form fitting and if you wear a size to small can be see through. I'd probably put the same rule in place if I was running a school. If you want to wear leggings to school maybe wear a shirt that goes past your but or a skirt

• Depends on your body type and size.
    If you have a big booty i mean everyone's gonna think your trying to show somethig and you know how boys are these days. But a skinny, lithe girl wouldn't have as big as a problem because there really isn't anything to see. I guess, thats how my little sisters school is but I don't know

• It's considered inappropriate because it shows off your curves too much. It hugs your legs. I mean, it really depends on the school. In middle school, shorts and skirts weren't supposed to be too short.

• You're lucky you can wear your own clothes to school.. We have uniforms and God help us if one sock doesn't match the other :') Anyways, I suppose the fabric of jeggings is very stretchy and thin, no it could be seen as 'provocative' for the boys (oh, and I'm in an all girls' school. boo!!) which is quite sexist if you ask me

• Jeggings are softer fabric so they're more like leggings, which reveal the shape of the body.

• In my school girls wear yoga pants with short shirts & leggings, leggings, and so on. 😳 I think you should be able to dress the way you want to :) Even at school.

• I'm all for them but they're basically showing EVERYTHING so I can see why xD

• Cause of the whole camel toe thing and they're very tight

• just cuz jeggings are deemed too tight and form fitting
    and a bunch of other bullshit reasons

• I don't understand that one, its not like you can see through them

• Sometimes tight clothing distracts guys from work.

• they are not pants, and i dont think it's appropriate for school or work or formal places

• They are like leggins with fabric that resembles jeans fabric. They are more likely to be slightly see through, you can see panty lines and they are really tight. You are also likely to get a camel toe. Just put on proper jeans.