Do you kiss your mom or dad's hands to show respect? Do you kiss the palm or back of the hands?

It's a cultural thing, I think.
I read somewhere that some kisses the hand of their loved ones to show respect. Do they kiss the palm of the hands or the back of the hands?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• They're dead. When they were alive I didn't do it once.

• Yes with me it's not just family our friends and business associates will kiss my hand some even kiss my forehead respect.

• *to show respect*

• Really?

• Yes it so respect for the Don

What Girls Said 2

• No, we don't do this in my family, however we do kiss each other on the cheek or lips really quickly. I have done this with foreigners when greeting old friends - typically those from Canada and I forget that they don't greet with kisses and notice their reservation. I have had my own hand kissed by men who I see, but they are usually from Europe or America - never from Canada or other parts of the world.

• No we just kiss each other on the cheek or give each other a hug to express our love for one another.

As for respect well... We just don't do disrespectful things.