Capitalism or socialism?

• capitalism
  • socialism

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Capitalism. But, by capitalism, I mean real capitalism, a completely free market, something that has never existed before, though the United States came pretty close in the late nineteenth century.

What Girls Said 3

• Socialism, people are more important than numbers, though you need aspects of both to create stability and a fair system.

• Exactly I agreed

• If you care about people, you shouldn't want to sacrifice them for the so-called 'common good' or 'society'.

• I consider myself a really big fan of socialism. I think socialism is the way to go.

• Vote A = A more humanitarian and realistic capitalism

• Lol liberals

• Interesting. How can you be an Anarchist and also bealive in 'humanitarian' capitalism. Like if there was a way to make capitalism work I'd be 100% for it just because it'd be easier for the people to deal with that transition. I think the failure of social democracy proves that as long as class exists the powerful will stop at nothing to expand their control of resources to it's greatest extent.

• @kingme *smiling)... the exact same way YOU can live in a todays society but still call YOURSELF "an anarchist" who wants to "destroy price and government"

Pure freedom of thought and expression dude, nothing more :P

What Guys Said 13

• Capitalism but socialist laws.

• The capitalist mode of production with laws to prevent monopolies and a permanent underclass. So a mixed economy.

• Any example of such country? Where these practices are working practically

• @evenlift the U. S. Government broke up standard oil into smaller corporations due to its dominance no? Into 90 independent companies because it dominated 88% of the market.

• That was later. Standard Oil changed its focus after the incandescent light-bulb and continued to prosper by, essentially, keeping its customers happy.

• Capitalism with socialist measures in place since I do not believe in co-operative management. Socialism sees people as something that needs to be invested in by providing them with free health care, education, housing and e. t. c. Although that is great and I'd love for everyone to have their basic necessities the problem is how it goes about attaining it.
    Both systems are flawed but I'll take the one that lets me own property over the one that wants co-operative management. Co-operative management can never work on a large scale.

If we implement socialist programs such as universal health care, housing, education and e. t. c using a capitalist economic system than we will succeed both economically and socially.

• Balance in all things

• 60% Capitalism and 40% Socialism.

Both systems if used just by themselves are flawed. I believe America is too far towards Capitalism and other countries (e. g. China) can be too far towards Socialism. A combination of both is required. The demonisation of either is foolish.

An excess of socialism leads to threats to democracy and inefficiency.
    An excess of capitalism leads to threats to democracy (private interests) and social inequality.

• I voted socialism.

• Me and my friend actually had a discussion of over 2 hours on this and it seems, capitalism seems to be the solution for the third world (because gloabalisation has indeed boosted several economies, creation of asean can be a good example) while socialism for the first world

• Smash da kapital!

• I think sadly capitalism works better with human nature. There is more incentive to contribute in a capitalist society.

• grey.

...

• Capitalism. There needs to be incentive to move forward rather than being the same. Plus there is no morality with Socialism. Government helping people isn't moral, because people have their money taken from them at gunpoint. There is no moral credit or satisfaction. With Capitalism people are free to donate and give to charity. It's a great thing when people help other people, NOT the government.

• Socialism is anti government though

• Well there are many varieties of socialism, and the one the great Bernie Sanders believes is a state ownership of equity.

• Where's rationalism?

• capitalism.