Why is puberty starting earlier?

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• www.theguardian.com/.../why-is-puberty-starting-younger-precocious

"Why?
    Research constantly flags up the link between BMI (Body Mass Index, used to indicate if an individual is overweight or obese) and puberty. But there is more to it than that.

For example, one study found that children who had been adopted recently from a developing county to Denmark were 10 to 20 times more likely to develop precocious puberty than children in the developed country. The study also found that the difference could not be explained entirely by changes in nutrition, body weight, or body fat. Similar findings were found in studies of children immigrating to Sweden, France, Belgium, Switzerland and the United States.

Other factors that can influence biology relate to a child's environment - stress, climate, light cycles and chemical exposures all have established links, though their magnitude is still not entirely understood."

0|0
    0|0
    • In other words , we are not entirely sure why.

Personally I think it's because we are living in the post scarcity age.
      MOST... I stress again.. MOST of us are not worrying about if we'll get food on the table.
      We can eat as much as we want , to the point we are ill and still not DIE.

With so much things to work with , the body just go... WELP... let's start building early then.
      BAM.
      Puberty comes in early... and so does aging.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess its due to hormones in food

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Its mostl genetics, and also the diet, but some people start puberty earlier than others, and it also starts in different places depending on the person, we aren't built to converge on some symmetrical path, but we know that it generally ends around adulthood 18+ (although girls mostly end earlier)

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a right wing plot. Actually, no idea. But the age has been getting earlier for longer that I have been alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I blame the media.

0|0
    1|1
  • It will it can start for girls as young as age 9 it's all part of life
    it's got to do with the foods people eat, the milk they drink
    the lifestyle they live and i do believe it's gotta do with race, genetics too

0|0
    0|0
  • Hormones you eat in mass raised meat

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Probably the chemicals that have been added to most foods.

0|0
    0|0
  • hormones in food

0|0
    0|0