I feel ugly and worthless?

I dont find myself attractive at all yet this dude said I was sexy and one said I was very pretty but I have been bullied for years over my looks and the guys who said it aren't even my type.

How do I stop feeling this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to do a lot of soul searching, girl I have been there. I suffered from an eating disorder on and off for six years, I understand what it feels like. You need to just learn to love yourself, and you first do this by accepting that you can't hate yourself pretty. You can't guilt yourself beautiful. You can't spend your whole life wishing you were prettier because it'll do nothing for you. You have to find outlets, guides, and such about self esteem (youtube is a great place), therapy helps if it's an option. For me, it was learning to work with what I had and change what I could. Don't tell yourself: my skin sucks! Tell yourself: It isn't the best but it can get better. Little steps like this will end you up in a much happier place.

When all else fails, tell yourself this: "ugly" is not the worst thing you can be. A shitty person is.

• Eh true.

• Thanks for MHO. I know you're anon but if you feel weak and need a pick me up, feel free to message me. My thing is helping others. No pressure, just wanted to extend the offer.

• Thanks.

What Guys Said 5

• Pretty or not is in the eye of the beholder. Some may find you pretty, some may not. But bullies will be bullies. Even if you are the prettiest girls around, once they find that your hot button is your looks, they will do all they can to pull you down. Don't listen to their crap. Remember they are saying things to hurt you, not things that are true.

• I think if anyone had figured it out, they'd be indebted to society to write the next best-selling book on the market explaining the process for the rest of us who haven't figured it out yet. Haha

• Learn to love yourself and hell with what people say

• Be happy that at least some one thinks you are sexy. By the way, why do you consider yourselves as ugly? And why do you say those guys are 'not your type'?

• Because I am? Because they arent?

• Oh. Okay. Thanks.

• You're welcome. (Anyway, I'm not lying to make you feel good). It's true, there are guys who like chubby "curvy" girls, just like myself. Just be with them and be happy.

• That "type" thing is holding you back for one thing.

• We all have our preferences.

• Yeah but if you can't overlook some of them you may miss out on some really good guys. You may find your perfect guy and realize that's not what you want

• Preferences still matter to me.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you should give these not your type guys a chance.

• I did give one a chance.

• I don't know, I'm trying to figure it out as well lol

• You gotta stop giving a fuck about every ones opinions. Dress up show off look nice and go to hooka lounges. Live life girl! As long as you're beautiful in the inside then be happy😎

• Its been this way for years.