People who believe in marriage: would u break up with your dream partner if you found out he/she doesn't ever want to get married?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I'd rather be with the right guy unmarried and happy for the rest of my life than be with the wrong guy who settled on marriage only because it was something I wanted. No matter what happens in life, as long as I'm with the perfect guy then at least we are in it together as a happily unmarried couple. I always told myself this anyway for a long time, and I was surprised when I was proposed to by my husband so I couldn't help but say yes because I would have been happy to stay with him as a committed, domestic partnership as we were but when he told me he wanted to seal the deal, it made it even better.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't. I would prefer to get married but not everyone wants to and it's not a huge priority for me but if we love each other then why does it really matter in the end.

I would expect him to at least consider and be open minded towards my feelings on the subject though and I would obviously want to know why he feels the way he does.

• Yes I would. I am not a rental piece of property that you discard in old age or sickness.

• Nah maybe try compromise and not do the religious part since im agnostic but raised catholic anyway and just do the paper part but if he didn't want to and he was my dream boyfriend no i would be okay with it.

• Yes obviously, we want different things so what would be the point?

• Total deal breaker

• Yes, I'm looking for a future not for a limited relationship

• I hit no but I meant yes oooops sorry

• It depends on the reason why he doesn't want to get married.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah I would, it's a pretty big thing to not agree on.

• That seems so twisted and self centered to me, that some people would choose a ceremony and a legal document over the love of their life. The people who voted yes disappoint me.

• Hell no, that is ridiculous. Why would anyone vote yes?

• People don't have to be married to live together. My only problem would be if she didn't want kids.

• No, because she wouldn't be my dream partner if she didn't want to get married ;).

• Yes. But only because that doesn't let me dangle the marriage carrot in front of her nose to keep her tied down...