What do you think of my art?

I would love to sell my art but I don't know if I'm good enough. Any opinions, criticism, ideas etc are welcome ☺️

What do you think of my art?

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem to be good at drawing (the eyes) -- that looks almost professional, but can improve at painting. Anyway, don't take it bad, I don't want to discourage a beginner. About paintings -- 1) Probably you used cheap paints (it's not that much dull, but you can definitely get very bright paintings with top quality artists' paints), 2) probably you mixed colors with black to get darker colors and white to get lighter colors (but remember that it would cut down the chroma and would look dull). Now, you can of course use black and white, but better avoid mixing black with light colors and white with darker colors. 3) You tried to make it look impressionistic (1st painting), but they all got mixed up with each other, so, it did not create much contrast in terms of colors as well as value (probably try using less oil/ medium to mix paints, so that it delivers bold and contrasting strokes near to each other (contrast in value). Also you can use "complimentary" colors next to each other for contrast in colors, but take care not to get those mixed up). 4) Hazy edges (You can of course have soft and hazy edges, especially in the background. But here it looks more like an unintentional mistake that the adjacent colors got mixed up). Anyway, however, the one with heart and flowers still look good in my opinion. Drawing -- the eyes are really good, only thing is a bit lack of curvature. The other drawings don't have that nice dark lines as this one.

• Thanks for the advice. Helps a lot. Always room for improvement I know! And I'm still young I have a whole life of art ahead of me!! Maybe when I'm 70 I'll be great! ☺️ Thanks again

• You're welcome. It won't take you 70 years of age to be great at it. Just may be in your 20's or 30's I hope. Because you want to analyze it critically and improve every time you draw or paint. Anyway, good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest selling on etsy-www.etsy.com At the moment what is selling really well is what is called decor art. It is art that people buy to match their furniture. (Sounds lame I know- people should buy a piece of art because it moves them, inspires an emotion). But abstract artists are making between $350-$1500 per piece. Its the sort of paintings you see in office receptions, and building lobbies etc. Your abstract painting of the trees with the path would be ideal! I would also suggest taking an art class/ studio class once a week with an art society if you can. That way you will have contact with other professional artists, and be able to share ideas, influences, inspirations etc. Good luck on your artistic journey!

• Thanks so much for the tips and ideas! Etsy seems like a good way to go! And I've been meaning to take an art class, maybe this will give me more motivation!

• I am not saying that you need them! 😊 but the contacts and experiences you gained from studios classes are invaluable. Just make sure it's the professional class. I take a studio class near me. It apart of the local art society. You get to use the studio space for 6 hours, chat with other artist while they work, and there is opportunities to exhibit your artwork at the local gallery (for free). There isn't a set class, but there is a head artist who offers advice if asked. It's also great for stress!

What Guys Said 32

• LOVELY artwork.
    Especially like the bottom left one.
    The heart of flower. There has to be a story behind that one.

• Probably better than what Hitler came up with. Good job!

• I'm not sure if you could sell them but you're definitely talented.

• I like pic 1,2 ,6. Well you have talent, Those pictures are beautiful, Keeping work hard on it, One day you will get some achievements, Do you want to be an artist

That pic 3 , Holding hands, It looks like two men holding each other's hands. A young guy , and a older man. Just feel so gay, I thuoght that's a guy and a girl !

• Thank you so much

Haha I can see how it may seem that way but it's not supposed to be 2 men at all!

• You're welcome , I think that's my problem, You paint so well anyway, I enjoy all your works. At the same time I'm jealous, you have that gift.

• The anatomy of the eye is off, it needs more of an oval shape. Your lips are also alittle off. and if you look at the female her right arm is alittle disproportional.
    you seem to have the hands down pretty well.
    you need more practice before you can sell your art.
    but other wise you have good skill.

• Thanks for the tip, I definitely see where you're coming from. Appreciate the advice.

• that's good for you!
      i'm glad you are going out of your comfort zone.
      good luck you.

• Thank you very much! ☺️

• I think your work is really good. I would love to see your interpretation of Van Gogh's Starry Night Over the Rhone

• These are outstanding!

• You have talent. With the exception of the woman in black dress, the pieces you showed don't seem complete, refined enough to sell but keep at it and try to get your works in shows, galleries, even walls of coffe shops to get a better sense from the public where you are.

• Best and easiest way to sell art is on etsy... but here is a tip.. buy some nice frames!
    they help soooo much when selling.. it's what I do ^_^

Nice pics

• Its pretty good then again those people who buy arts pictures and put them in photo gallerias usually have weird taste but in my opinion this could belong in a museum.

• Pretty good.

• Better than what I can ever do. The bottom left looks really unique

• Thank you, yeah that's a flowered grey heart..

• Soo whats the story behind it?

• Well you may be familiar with the saying someone has a "black heart". My interpretation is that a black heart can be from heart break. So this painting is a grey heart, flowering. The heart is slowly getting its colour back and is "flowering" so to speak. Heartbreak or a dark heart can be temporary it just takes time, like it takes time for a flower to bloom. I'm not sure if that makes much sense. But that's the idea! Haha, I guess it's hard to explain.

• I think it all looks like great drawings

.. thanks for sharing with us xD

• Wow, very nice... love the sketches/drawings and the colours in your paintings are so vibrant... well done!

• Thank you very much ☺️

• For sure! Actually I think I may still have a megasketcher in my house

• Okay, try doing an eye with a megasketcher... the lines will make the detail a bit more difficult, but it should be a good challenge

• Amazing, you are really talented.

• Decent, now show me your creative side... Open your black book and show me your randomness...

• I like it! I think b&w/pencil is your medium. It's very crisp! I've been doodling for years, and I have NEVER been able to draw an eye as well as that. You've got talent!

• Thank you, lead pencil has always been my preferred, it's easier as you can take paper and a pencil anywhere with you! And I've been practising eyes for years now, it was my main focus for a very long time. I'm just getting back into, I lost a little of my practise but getting there again. Thanks heaps again! I'd love to see some of your work?

• Oh my goodness. That is amazing, you're so talented!

• It's the field across from where I live most of the time. Simple things in life can be beautiful if you take the time to sit down and enjoy them. <3

• Your art is very good

• Would purchase/10

• Looks good, keep perfecting your skills!

• wicked cool art

• Theyre really good. Im also good with pencil. You should see some of my drawings.

• I'd let you draw me like one of your French Girls.

• I think they're good.

• It's amazing, I love art and drawing.

• Hey, you're really good and am not staning. I wish I had such talent

• It's good. I like it. They look better than mines., or my Brother's so yeah there um. :).

• It is amasing you couldbmake it big!

• looks good but need more work baby before it can be good enough to sell it

• Nice work, keep it up

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 20

• Pretty good so far. You've definitely have had a lot of time to practice before this. I love the blurred messy forest but wish the road had slightly crisper seams since it's starting to look like an intruded river, unless that's what you were going for. The eyebrow is perfect with the hair detail. The top of the eye looks a little too pointy like the side of a diamond in and under the eyelashes pupil looks really good but a little warped around the edges. Hands are really good. It's very nostalgiac since I had to do a similar shading split drawing and youres came out way better than mine did then.

• I like it a lot. If you want to make sales I think the abstract and strange is what sells. Everybody is looking for a deeper meaning - spread a meaningful message and your work will sell.

• Yeah I agree. I was going to give abstract a go next. Thanks for the tip! 😊

• Beautiful! I love it. You truly have talent.

• its beautiful all the pieces are. you should seriously take your talent else where and out into the world!

• I hate you... 😒

Sorry just jealous I could never draw or paint anything half as good as that. You really have a talent and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

• Wow, it's great!

I'd buy it :)

• I think you have a talent. I like a lot the combination of the colors you used for the bottom picture, bouquet.

• It's beautiful! You'll only know if you try. Here's a quote from a very interesting book about an artist called My Name is Asher Lev.

"You know you are a great artist if your work hangs in the halls of the rich."

So go for it!:)

• Thank you, that's a great point. I will never find out if I don't give it a shot!
      Thanks heaps for the encouragement

• way better than me
    you can make money if you market it right
    i really like top left and bottom left, really unique

• Thank you, yeah obviously there's more to selling art then just painting whatever, it's what people would want to hang in their wall.

• that is some gorgeous art! I don't have criticisms since I'm not an artist myself, but I'd say go ahead and sell

• Its very nice. You could make money in the right place. Like a con.

• There beautiful I love them. ,😍😍😍😍😍

• Amazing. ✌

• Your art is freaking dopeness on top of dopeness. Keep up the good work!

• these are awesome you would make some pretty good money selling them on etsy

• I LOVE it. My favorites are the flower heart and the trees.
    Way better than me, I am only good at females and faces.

• it's quite impressive. keep it up!

• i love your work dude!

• I like picture 5

• These are amazing! I'm confused with the flowers growing on a cardiovascular though lol

• Haha thank you. Yeah it's a weird picture, but I guess a lot of art is weird 😆