First date: Art museum, yay or nay?

So lets say the girl you're seeing loves art an museums and stuff. I won't lie, I've met so many interesting women at art museums. One woman and I, who i don't remember her name unfortunately, talked about having a date here (like she had a date here, not discussing going on one). She loved it despite many calling it boring. I would love it too, as I love history. Love museums too. So much you can learn there. And the art is gorgeous, like a walk in the past. I get excited and happy going to museums, I won't lie. But I digress, sorry.

So anyway, you seeing her and you know she loves art history and stuff. Would you take her there as a type of date? Or is that too boring?

Most Helpful Guy

• You like art and museums. You said she likes art and museums. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Common interests are important and a natural topic of conversation.

Who cares what other people think? If you like it and she likes it, that's what matters. It's also an environment where you can talk and get to know each other. It gives you a chance to see what kind of chemistry there is. Then take it from there.

What Girls Said 4

• More of a third date kinda thing, there could be a lot of awkward silences and it could end badly. You need to get to know each other more I'd say stick to dinner and a movie.

• That type of date is so nice and sweet. It shows you thought about her hobbies/interests.

• Sounds cool if she's into that stuff.

• I personally love the idea. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Is it one of those talky art museums or one of those that if you so as much as dare to open your mouth , the museum director will look at you with her ice-pick stares?

• I actually did that a couple months back, it was really fun!
    We were good friends to begin with so the conversation just happened without effort.

• First date doesn't have to be a surprise. Come up with options. Suggest the museum and ask if that interests her when asking her out. If the girl says yes, you're golden. If she says no, have an alternative ready to suggest, and always keep something generic like dinner or coffee as a backup. If you suggest a few things and she passes on all of them, you're wasting your time.

• I think museums are a great date idea. I love museums and it's a huge plus in my book if the girl likes them too.

• Then a candle lit dinner for two and a bottle of good wine

• NAY.

Bro. Seriously.

Short, simple, chatty, cheap, and close to a place where you can get physical if that's what the two of you want. That's the recipe for a good date.

Don't do shit like museums or movie theaters or ballet or whatever until you are several months into an exclusive relationship with a girl. Anything sooner is a waste of time, money, and is ineffective in establishing either a physical and/or romantic relationship.

• I'm guessing you've never been to a museum, because tons of them are free, and many paid ones have monthly free days/weekends as well.

If he's thinking about taking a girl to a museum, he's obviously looking at something meaningful, not cheap fast and physical.