Are you closer to narcissism or self hatred?

Please divulge in my false dichotomy

• Narcissism
  • Self hatred

Most Helpful Girl

• not surprised at the results.

• I was expecting a majority of women to claim self hatred, and guys to claim narcissism personally. But I forgot a lot of guys come on here on a pity parade

• well as u can see, with the men it's quite even so u were kind of right.

What Girls Said 7

• Definitely self-hatred.

• I hate myself. Honestly no matter how much I may say that I like something about myself, I always end up hating it by the end of the day. I have never gone a day since elementary school without saying that I hate myself. It slips out so naturally.

• I love myself but I am not perfect or something.
    If I had to choose; then Narcissism.
    But neither of them are good if you ask me.

• I'm made of 90% self hatred and 10% water

• Self-hatred

• Self-hatred..

• I don't know...

Try having a narcissistic personality at the core but never being allowed so much as to take pride in anything you do because your parents undermined you your entire life. So you want to take pride in something and be like, "I'm awesome! Bask in my amazingness!" Or wanting to think you're pretty and could be desired by the male gender. But having your mom's voice in the back of your head always saying you're a pathetic excuse for a human being and a waste of space and that you'd better be smart 'cause you're too ugly for anyone to actually want.

Internal turmoil for the win.

What Guys Said 8

• Who knows.

I love the current me.

But I also hate myself
    whenever there's something
    I can't do.

• "Narcissism" Cuz I'm black + overly proud when it cpomes to my/our features (#^ ^#) LOL

• Could I hate myself for being narcissistic? That's one for philosoraptor.

• Of the two I think I lean towards self-hatred but at the same time I don't trust others to get important tasks done.

• Hmm if anything narcissism.

• Well as you say it's a false dichotomy, so yeah.

• I don't hate myself at all. I don't love myself either, that is to say my thoughts of myself are dispassionate. I have an estimation of myself which is pretty good so narcissism, given the constraints of the question.

• I think a mixture of both. I still don't know what i think about myself and keep constantly questioning.