Whats the cause of being shy?

I've been shy since I could remember also an introvert. What could be the cause. When I try to speak out I get this gut feeling that keeps pulling me back. I've felt like an outcast as a kid because I wasn't the pretty skinny one. It's hard getting people to like you or to find friends anymore so I'm just more about myself and it's not a big deal to me anymore. My parent makes me feel like a loser because I don't talk to people or don't have good social skills. Its just I'm tired of dealing f with people who don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Shy just because you are beautiful

Most Helpful Girl

• My cause of being shy in the past (as a child) was due to self doubt or insecurity.
    When someone feels sure of themselves or fully confident they break their own barrier of shyness and put themselves out there.
    It was a difficult thing for me to do, and something that took years to work on but I did it.
    I spent too much time in my life caring about what others think or self doubting myself.
    I realized I will no longer allow myself to be a victim to fear of rejection, I was missing out on meeting great people.
    Being shy only crippled me... it held me back from enjoying the full extent of experiences and mingling.

Of course, my shyness would wear off if I knew the person rather well.
    But initially, I always wanted to be that person that was social that could speak to others with no problem.

You have to develop your self esteem before you can feel secure enough to put yourself out there.
    It takes time, dedication and work but it is all worth it in the end.

What Guys Said 3

• Insecurity. Anxiety. I am very similar.

• Insecurity

• mine is that i'm very insecure and low profile person. i also have a very high sex drive and perverted thoughts which completely destroy my relationship with women. they hate you if you are not overconfident and good with your self... .

• Is insecure always bad? Also girls are weird lol there attracted to bad things lol. The high sex drive isn't good though, sex can be scary to many girls they don't want to feel like they have too just bc your horny to often lol.

• It's also dangerous having sex your at risk of being involved with diseases

What Girls Said 1

• Insecurity can be a reason why you are so shy, low self esteem... I would know because I am too. And my parents often tell me to be more social but I would rather stay home and read a book than go out and ''have fun''. It isn't a bad thing to be an introvert... I think introverts tend to think deep and understand themselves more and people around them.