Am I too tall to wear heels?

I'm 5'10 and I love heels, but I can never wear them. When I do, people keep staring at me, some even told me that I was too tall to wear heels. I don't go to parties anymore because of this. I don't want to wear flats with a cocktail dress, but at the same time, I don't want people to stare at me. I'm very shy and I hate getting attention. So what should I do? Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey guess what they are just a bunch of spinless jellyfish. Wear heels get attention, be fearless. If girls say your too tall they are scared you gonna be stealin their boy toys or possible boy toys. Be proud of your height. Don't be selfish about it but you don't have to say mean stuff. But you can always tell others I accept myself and if your going to hate me I will go find someone else to chill with. You sound very pretty, fun, and like a very beautiful. Go out there and turn some heads hahaha! Your probably sweet and kind. And if you need a role model go look up cat deeley she's like you probably a really beautiful tall girl. Keep smiling.

What Guys Said 12

• There is no height restriction for high heels. Any person of any height CAN where high heels. I don't know why people feel the need to judge. People tell you you're too tall to wear high heels? Well, screw them. Who cares what they think? If you love heels, you love heels.

I'm six foot, three inches tall and I prefer girls your height. I love a girl near my height. I don't care if a girl is taller than me in heels, OR taller than ME in general. I won't judge you for wearing heels.

Please, be more confident in yourself! Don't care what others thing and be yourself. Be secure as well. Wear those heels! Ha.

• Heck yea wear heels. You're tall and beautiful.. Own it! Find a tall dude!

"some even told me that I was too tall to wear heels"
    Those girls are jelly and rude (c u next Tuesdays).

"I'm very shy and I hate getting attention. "
    - Just remember not to slouch, i know some people who are tall and try to "fit in" will sort of hunch to make themselves smaller creating very bad posture later on ( a friend of mine did this).

• there's no height lmit when it comes to heels. u can wear 'em even if u were 7'.. just coz u like 'em!! nobody should tell u wot u should wear and wot not.

but sure u'll get lots of attention since u'll appear taller even than most of guys. so u've got 2 options

-wear heels coz u like 'em, and don't give a damn about attention
    -wear flats... but even though u'll still get some attention since u r considered tall for a gal... this depends on where u live though. where do u live?

• I live in Miami

• I'll probably wear heels since I'll get attention anyway.

• good... since u like 'em u'll feel more comfortable wid yerself i guess instead of wearin flats :)

• Haters gonna hate. I think people who aren't as tall as you will say that. I'm 6'3 so I wouldn't mind seeing a tall women in heels.

• My sister is just shy of 6'1." She still wears heels completely fine. There is no "too tall" to wear heels. Wear what you want to wear. If people call you tall, just embrace it and they'll give up complaining.

• you can wear heels whenever you damn well please. they are there for you

• Hell no, Tall chicks are hot and besides that'd just flaunt em legs more. Wear em 4-6, it'd be big plus ha

• I personally would love to have you with me at a party but that's because I'm 6'4"
    You know, all the top supermodels are tall. Feel confident in yourself that you have presence in the room.

• Wear your high heels! Be happy. I'm a 5'11 guy and have no problem looking up to a girl in high heels.

• Wear heels if you like to wear them, I wouldn't listen to others and simply ignore the stares. But remember that there are some health concerns when it comes to heels.
    They're hard to run in if say a rhino escapes a zoo.

• Too tall to wear heels, is that a thing?

• People suck, I think if you like wearing them you shouldn't worry about midgets staring at you. lol

What Girls Said 7

• Screw people who say you're "too tall." If they fit your feet then you can wear them. It's just this stereotype that women shouldn't be tall because it's intimidating or "not feminine", which of course is bull honky. Wear those heels and tell people that they don't need to be concerned with your fashion choices.

• You should wear what makes you feel good. If you love heels then you should definitely wear them. Forget all the people who stare. If you're not so confident then you can fake it until you make it :)

• Do they make them in your foot size? If yes then you can wear whatever damned heels you like. Screw those people, who do they think they are dictating to you height restrictions? Some guys love a tall girl, I know @Klaatu51 is a fan for starters! You just wear what makes you happy.

• Love your height.. i am 5 ft 4".. wear heels if you want. its your life not of other people.. listen to your heart

• You would not catch Naomi Campbell in flats. If you want to wear heels then do so.

• Im also 5'10" and i love to wear heals. People are starring because they are thinking "damn i wish i had her long legs" don't worry about it!!

• Maybe wear shorter heels that don't make you as tall, but you can still wear heels.