I was supposed to be 5'8"-5'10", but I ended up 5'6". What the fuck should I do now?

While having a 5'9"-5'10" father and a 5'5" sister, I ended up at 5'6" (tbh only 5'5.75"/167cm, 0.64cm away from legit 5'6"). And considering most people tower over their parents nowadays, I find it a little bit awkward.

Not so awkward, however, when I recall that I used to sleep 2 hours per night on average from the age of 10-17 when our body was supposed to grow massively. I never really had any growth spurt. I also consumed mostly carbs (rice) without no adequate amount of protein and vitamins from vegetables, meat and fish. I find it completely unnecessary and stupid because my family isn't poor enough to not be able to afford those things.

Now I really don't know what to do. I am also not sure if I can ever let go this regret or this guilty feeling will stay with me for the rest of my life just like my short stature will. No matter how rich I get, I can never buy and get back the height I was supposed to have.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• You sound SO fucking annoying and full of yourself

• I thought babies were supposed to be short though?

• Your perfectly fine

• Maybe your parents thought you would have a growth spurt, so you can't really blame anyone for being short. Just accept it.

What Guys Said 11

• Why were you "supposed to" be 5'8" - 5'10"? Did you have a contract with God? Aside from that misapprehension, you also have assumed that most people are taller than their parents. Google "genetics regression towards the mean."

• Well, are you earning a lot of money?

• No fuck, what the fuck does that have to do with my problem?

• Not at all, so you're telling me that short people have bigger chance to be rich than taller people?

• Well considering they forced you to stay up late and only sleep for 2 hours a day , what I was asking was.
      Did it pay off?
      You said no , well then there's that.
      You got fucked.

• Are you fucking serious dude? You try and blame this on your parents because you can't stand the fact that a part of, if not the majority, of the problem is you and your attitude. Get over it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

• No, because I can't stand being this height for the rest of my life.

• Buy some boots. Girls are short anyways.

• how can you possibly know you would have grown to be 5'9-5'10

• You've got mad short man syndrome. It really doesn't matter. You can't do anything about it. Might as well focus on something more productive.

• I was basically like you. I was supposed to be 5'11-6'3, but I ended up at 5'7. It's freaky.

• Height is genetically predetermined, I wouldn't buy any of the bullcrap about environmental factors effecting the end result because they probably weren't extreme enough. They did bullshit you though, I don't blame you for holding that against them.

• Bullshit me what?

You think 2 hours a night of sleeping from the age 10-17 wasn't extreme enough?