Women in different religions?

the bible says women are not equal to men and basically it doesn't support equality (please correct me if im wrong)
I don't know what jeudiasim says about the matter, can someone help with this?

oh and here is what islam says... heard there is more but too lazy to find it lol
( lol @ that sign behind tho haha)

women in different religions?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• And u r the same anon lol where is these pics from?

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people who have no clue about christianity, tell you such rot of that sort... but when you read the New Testament, MANY things from the Old Testament got changed, rules were no longer the same as they were and so on... for good. Unless you interpret it in the wrong way, and...

... many argue about what is right in the end, so it is better to read it yourself to make up your own opinion, instead of listening to others. It's always the safest.

And I don't want to start any argumwnt with anyone, sinceany are very picky and mad when it comes to beliefs. My opinion however is, women were not, but in the end are seen as equal to men.

Others like to vent and believe otherwise, always. Like everybody has his/her own opinion to it, since you can interpret these scriptures in many ways.

0|1
    0|0
    • how do you "change" things in the bible?
      isn't it the word of God?

and yea dw i know a lot of people misinterpert things, in every different religion lol it's why i said correct me if im wrong because its something i was told by someone (on GAG xD) lol

• Well, Jesus came to save the people. Through repenting and turning back to him, you will find salvation; in the old Testament, it wasn't like that. To repent a sin, people had to slaughter animals and all... these kind of things. And since God wants to save as many people as possible, He sent his son to us. Through Jesus, things started to change... many, actually. That is why most people get confused about it ^^

What Guys Said 2

• Actually the Bible does refer to women as equal, no better than man. The Quran on the other hand...

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: --... I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you--." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "(Q-2.282) Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence" ----- (Sahih Bukhari).

Also note the high status given women in the following two quotes:

"When one is given a woman, servant, or cattle, one should seize its forehead and pray to Allah." Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1918 p.157

"Treat women well, for they are like domestic animals (awan) with you and do not possess anything for themselves." al-Tabari vol.9 p.113

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded…Qur'an 4:34

"Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is because of the the deficiency in womans intelligence. Allah hath made one to excel the other" Sahih Bukhari 1:6:301

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them." Sahih Bukhari 1:2:28

Narrated 'Aisha: It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys. Sahih Bukhari 1:90:498

"Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will…
    Qur'an 2:223"

0|2
    0|0
    • "Actually the Bible does refer to women as equal, no better than man" evidence/sources/quotes plz?

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) declared that the Jews used to say: When a man has intercourse with his wife through the vagina but being on her back. the child will have squint, so the verse came down: (Quran 2:223) " Your wives are your tilth; go then unto your tilth as you may desire"
      Women are your planting place (for children); come then to your planting place as you please and forward (good deeds) for your souls, and fear Allah. And know that you shall meet Him. Give glad tidings to the believers.

and that verse you mentioned "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made..."
      it has been discussed like a gazillion times and a simple google search should prove it, here is an example www.themodernreligion.com/.../dv-4-34-shafaat.html

• Show All
    • "a lot of what you have posted contains mis-translations, in-complete statements or weak narrations"

"no one can change the word of allah" except the guy that wrote that i suppose conveniently

• he was illeterate actually... and not a word was changed ever since it came

• hmm interesting

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Where does the bible say they're not equal?

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't know tbh but some guy on here (says he is christian) told me that