This guy I like hates dogs?

So this guy and I really like each other except one thing really bothers me about him. He hates dogs! How can someone hate a dog? That's a huge turn off for me. I sent him a picture of my English bulldog and he responded "I hate dogs. I'm a cat person" WTF? Aren't dogs supposed to be a mans best friend? I'm not saying this guy has to stop liking cats, but I think it's highly inappropriate for him to say he hates dogs and be rude to my puppy when he comes over. What should I do? We aren't dating yet and I really like him, but i don't like how he can hate such a innocent creature? When I went over to his house, his cats scratched the shit out of me for no reason and now there's scratches all over my legs and he never apologized and he yelled at me for yelling at the cats for scratching me? Why do you think he hates dogs? Also, should I stop talking to him because of what happened? Other than the cat and dog thing, he really has been a sweetheart. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's not like you both are fully grown adults planning to move in together, and have your animals merge together in one place.
    If that were the case I'd say this is a huge issue.
    However because you both are teens and live separately,
    I say this is a very minor thing especially if he treats you right.

You can't have every thing in common with someone else.
    It's just impossible.

If his comments about dogs bother you, I think you should talk to him about it.
    Clearly, this is a sensitive issue for you because you are a huge dog lover.
    He needs to better respect you in that aspect.

What Guys Said 5

• Uh, yeah. You can be the hottest chick on the planet, but if you don't like my pet, that bitch is out.

• has he actually been rude to your puppy? or are you assuming he will be?

• He has. My dog was super hyper and was licking his leg and he kicked him off.

• ahh I see. hmm well if this is just too big of an issue that can't be looked past then I don't think a relationship would work out lol. if you think about it, a lot of couples like to spend time together WITH pets if both have an interest in pets, and in this situation, he doesn't like your dog, and you don't like his cat.

• True. Everything else is perfect and I gave his cats a chance, but i rather not get legs full of scratches every time I see him. I wish he liked dogs but oh well. Thanks.

• Don't trust someone who hates animals.

• People can hate whatever they want, as long as it's not detrimental to the team

• I hate dogs too because I have a fear of them... they're just too unpredictable, intimidating and lively

What Girls Said 1

• what? i've always loved cats and hated dogs. i am not rude to dogs but why can't people say what they feel? many people who hate dogs have been attacked by them, etc. neighbors' dogs always tried to kill my cats and one time they killed and mauled another neighbor's cat. in the snow. blood everywhere. dogs maul kids too. monsters.