Do most students have sex to wear off the stress of University?

I was so confused in University because if University is supposed to be about learning then why do all these creepy things, like people clubbing so much exist?

I felt genuinely confused. Like all these really smart kids having all these one-night stands, it doens't make sense to see them studying like the most innocent goody-two-shoes ever and do all these other things in their spare time.

Why not read a book or go to the movies?

Then I was like... wait a minute are they just so miserable that they sleep around to make them less miserable?

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason why people in general have sex is for pleasure, regardless of a student status or not.

I disagree with your observation though. The people who go clubbing and have one-night stands are usually not the intelligent students. They're usually the ones who drop out and do nothing with their lives. Most of the academically successful students don't partake in these activities. I'm assuming you live in Europe, since you used the term "University" instead of "college", but here in the United States, most of the college women I know are prudes.

The people I know who screw around the most never went to college, which is why they have several kids from several parents. Women also reach their sex drive later in life.

But relieving stress is maybe ONE factor here. It's mainly for pleasure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why does it bother you? It's their sex life , no business of

What Guys Said 3

• When I was still in college, all I did all the time was homework. It's because I didn't have time for anything else. I kept my grades up and hung out with people in my department sometimes when I had time. Sex? Who has time for that in school? There are people that go to school for learning and then others who just use it as an extension of high school to party and have sex. The latter take really easy courses and won't really go very far in the end. It's pointless, in my opinion. Usually, the kids who goof off and party all the time have their parents (or someone else... *cough* "grants" *cough*) paying for it. It's not their money.

• That's not the main reason students have sex. They do it because they're occasionally horny individuals, happen to be in school and don't have time for a committed relationship. Friends with benefits are common for this reason, but they're usually not having sex more than they would be. They'd probably have a partner. So at the end of the day, it's either have a one-night-stand or just masturbate.

• No, they went to university to fuck around to begin with. No one's there to actually learn anything.

• No, but some of them are really great students and yet they do all these things, it doesn't add up.

• People like to fuck. I don't know what to tell you. Why do they eat? Why do they sleep?

What Girls Said 2

• No they're just horny. College is like a huge orgy.

• No i went out with my friends to hang out to release stress