Do you think removing hatred is nearly impossible?

Like if you start to hate someone... it's almost impossible to let go of that hate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for some. Some people just can't even stay mad. Other people, like me, have to be extremely hurt and wronged to hate you. I may let go, but it will take some time.

Others, like my friend, hold a grudge past death. She'll stay mad at you in heaven or hell or whatever you believe in. If she's reincarnated, I'm pretty sure that person will find a way to hate the bloodline of the person.

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll let go in time, you can't hold onto it forever.

What Guys Said 6

• It does indeed seem that it can be easier to start hating, then it is to stop. But I do not personally believe it to be all impossible to stop. It likely depends on why you hate someone else, what they have done to deserve it, and how either you or they have changed... but I do believe it is possible, and perhaps even easily so if justified. As Confucius said 'to be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it'.

• Hate is irrational, like a raw emotion. It's easier to see with hindsight and not easy to control but learn to forgive and let go and you won't hate

• l can let go of my hate for a person, but I don't think it can happen worldwide.

• Yes it's impossible because I like hating things and people.

• Not impossible. Simply requires you to grow up. Negative emotions are a challenge to us to become a better person.

• Mine is part of me now, we can't be separated.

What Girls Said 0