Which is normally better reading a novel, or seeing the movie based on the book or novel? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer reading the book. Sometimes they leave out little details I love or change the plot and I just don't like it. I'll still see it because it's about a book I like, but it's not as good to me. :p

• Yeah that is true. I hate when movies change things. Keep things the same and just show it in the movie.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes the book is better (Starship Troopers, Ender's Game), sometimes the movie is better (Fight Club, L. A. Confidential). It always depends.

• I tend to prefer books because you can fill in the blanks and visualize everything yourself.

• Good point some movies are better then the books and vice versa. Thats true books you can interpret how you want. Sometimes the movie messes up how I interpret the book.

What Girls Said 2

• I like seeing a movie if there is one just so I can compare. I think a lot of movies are pretty accurate.

• That's good that you compare. Yeah most movies try to ne accurate and some are not.

• I'm a fan of both but I'd choose books because with books you can make it your own world and see it the way you want to see it

• Yeah that is true and sometimes when you see thw movie it tends to be in a way that didn't imagine the way it would be when you read the book. At least the book you see and imagine it how you want it to be.

What Guys Said 3

• I prefer to read the novel/book, the movies always miss the nuances that make the story or change things around that makes the movie ending different or change the meaning of the story from the book.

• A book can contain a higher level of detail than ever the best movie, not that movies are bad but the book is always better.

• I watch the film coz I'm lazy.

• Lol, yeah true. Books take a while to get through sometimes. I can't blame you.