Guys, Are you a feminist?

• Yes I'm a feminist
    22% (21)
  • No I'm not a feminist
    78% (74)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe women should be given rights and be treated as equally as possible to men despite the differences between both genders.

But I won't associate myself with feminism. It's grown into something monstrous.
    There are certain inferences and preconceived notions that are made when you use the term feminist.

What Guys Said 50

• No, I consider myself an egalitarian, you know, those that want true equality between men and women.

• Most people (and especially on this site it seems) lack a correct understanding of what feminism is. Feminism has nothing to do with hating men, that's just some absurd image that misogynistic macho guys in their 60s have come up to invent some kind of "female conspiracy" and sadly they've managed to make half the country believe this bullshit (including the media, which now portrays feminists in this sort of way).
    A feminist is simply someone (man or woman) who fights against the discrimination of women and equal rights. It's the exact equivalent to a civil rights' activist (black or white) who fights for equal rights and against the discrimination of black people.
    What I find particularly vicious and tasteless about this stupid claim that feminists apparently just want to have more rights and discriminate men is that it's a direct cultural adaption of what white supremacists used to say back in the 1960s. Back then, many white people said stuff like "Martin Luther King and his gang simply hate white people and want to discriminate us. That is why we have to protect ourselves from them!" This absolutely stupid and absurd accusation made it possible for white supremacists to fight against black people's equal rights without actually coming across as racist. Whenever they did something that seemed racist or discriminating, they would simply yell "Well, we have to do this, otherwise the white-hating negroes will stomp us down!" Obviously, no white person wanted to be stomped down, not even the liberal ones. So they agreed to brutal acts of discrimination out of completely absurd fear.
    Today, exactly the same thing is happening with feminism. Whenever feminists call for equal rights (say equal pay), there's a bunch of stuck-up machos yelling "you can't give them what they want! They will just use this to discriminate us men!" No man wants to be hated and discriminated by women... not even the liberal ones. Which is why so many men on this site make double sure that eeeeveryone knows that they have absolutely no affiliation to feminism what-so-ever.
    In reality, this is really crazy (at least I find it crazy). And anyone who understands the historical implications of this attitude and of feminism in general will know that this claim that feminists hate men is simply bullshit. Those women who do hate men usually don't even know what feminism is.
    Feminism IS egalitarianism. Feminists have always fought for equal rights. So yes, I am a feminist.

• Yes I am a feminist. I believe in equal rights for men and women. However, what I am against are the women that forget about men's rights in feminism. That think they deserve equal rights and then think a man should still go out of his way to hold a door open for a woman or give up his seat on the bus for a woman because she is a woman. They can't have it both ways. I am against the type of women that treat men like shit for talking about this kind of thing. That is the type of woman I am against not actual women that can see that both genders need to give up some things in the process and are fair about it. Don't get me wrong, if a woman is doing the same job as a man and putting out the same level of work by all means she should be paid the same as the man. It is just the women that won't accept women also have to give up some things that I am against. Hope this makes sense.

• ... BLERGH!

I believe that everyone regardless of sex, gender, sexual prefference, background, skin colour etc etc etc should have equality in the law, and equality of opportunity.

I however disagree with modern feminism on a lot of points (equality vs equity etc), so no, decidedly not.

Living in the UK the legal system is pretty much 100% equal between sexs, with a few decided benefits for women. A lot of the problems however come from the British feminist movement using a lot of hyperbole, outdated statistics (from when they were kids), and figures from other countries (especially American) to justify continuing to shape the country the way they want (pushing it beyond equality, into a bias against men, especially in certain aspects of the media), while symultaniously attacking the majority of women (who they feel arnt doing feminism correctly). Thats the problem when you have a social movement whose leaders refuse to move on and will only communicate with their indoctrinated followers.

• Feminist just means you want equity for all race sex gender preference economic standards.. These guys are really just hot headed and ignorant who jump to conclusion when they hear the word "feminism" they take into account the "femini" which they automatically think female and then they feel challenged.. And don't even say that's not true because that's how I felt and a lot of guys I know I felt even though they didn't necessarily come out and say it, heck they didn't even know why they hate feminism. Till we actually sat down and talked about it. HOWEVER feminism isn't in the clear either. With every movement the ultimate goal is always in fault of being munipulated, used wrongfuly/abused, and you have your gorilla feminist who want to dominate men and feel superior to them.

• I do believe in gender equality but no I'm a feminist, mainly because I don't see the need in labeling myself in order to stand by my ideals.

• No. If I need a label like that then I'll go with Egalitarian.

Egalitarianism and Feminism sound like they overlap in definition but I think Feminism strongly favors substantive equality a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶x̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ while Egalitarians mostly seem like they are for formal equality.

• Well, i do support lot of Women's rights and i believe both
    females and males are equal , i like women who are
    dominating and like to be bossed me around i think that's sexy
    of a woman XD <3

• If you're talking about 1st wave feminism, then yes, I would consider myself a feminist. If you're talking about 3rd wave feminism, then no, that wouldn't make any sense. Why would I purposefully identify with a cause that hates me?

• Men and Women are so not alike and that's because of hormones so no way i can ever believe in feminism
    kmbeing.files.wordpress.com/.../...y-vs-equity.jpg

• Yes I'm a feminist. It should not be necessary in 2015.

• http://youtu.be/lBPGPVSHqQ8

Does it make me one if I enjoyed this video?

• Nope, that doesn't make you feminist.
      But when little girls are swearing more on average in a sentence that you...
      Applause to parents that deal with that.

• I'm anti feminist, and pro gender equality.

• LOL No I am not a Feminist

• The original ideals of feminism were noble, but it has deteriorated into a movement that grasps for a purpose and is full of man hating psycho chicks who refuse to look at their own part in the relationships between men and women. American women have it better than anyone in the world including American men. Get over yourselves.

• I don't identify as one, but I share similar beliefs.

• I am gender blind.
    So yes, technically I do support equal rights of women and men. But that isn't really what feminism stands for nowadays in most peoples minds.

• i believe in equality not feminism.. we al need more rights for example men have no rights over there own children but yet are forced to pay for them.. so like i said im all for equality

• No because I don't need to be taught how "not to rape" because I'm a guy nor do I need to learn to "check my privilege"

• Haha nope, keep me far away from them.

• By what definition?

• I believe that a woman can do things that men can. So if a woman is more qualified than me at a job than she should take it. She should make the same amount of wage that a man makes.

• No, I don't like using that label. I just believe in equal opportunity and fair treatment. The word feminism means different things to different people, like socialism or capitalism does. All about perspective I guess.

• No, I'm not.

• Fucking no.

• No. I'm an Egalitarian.

• I'm ThatBritishLad.

• nope im not , you get me fam

• I considered myself to be an equal opportunity capitalist. I do not believe in the leftist feminist movement.

I do hold a door open when a woman is carrying something with both hands.

• Yep I consider myself one.

• More from Guys
    20