Is it weird to start university at 20?

I was switched from public school to thi horrid stuck up private school when I was a kid and they automatically bumped me down a grade because they assumed public school kids were stupid! ... then they bitched when they had to get me books from the older grades classroms because I was bored with the lower level they forced me into! Anyways I also took a year off to save for school, unfortunatley now I just turned 20 and I am starting university in September. I don't want to be 24-25 when I graduate even though I look freakishly young and have been given the kids menue! .. (and then awkwardly pulled out my ID andasked for a coktail). Should I take some spring and summer classes between years so I can graduated faster? I really need the summer to save up and work but I don't want to be sooo behind! I know it will only be teacher's assistants and the professors will be away but it could speed up my schooling...

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, if someone told me they were 20 and were a freshman, I wouldn't care one bit. I wouldn't think them stupid, or whatnot. I'd just be like "oh cool, they are 20" and such. You are worried about something that you needn't worry about! It's going to be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I started uni at 20 and had no issues.

What Guys Said 3

• It's no big deal. Some people don't start until even later. Also many people switch majors and schools which set them back a bit. Age doesn't matter, don't stress it.

• There are people that starts at 50 / 60

• Na, I've been considering it and I'm older than that.

What Girls Said 2

• it is not weird as you think

• Thats hardly weird :/