How many of you still avoid Social Media?

i am 28 and to this very day in 2015, i still don't think i have ever voluntarily put a photo/video of my own face on instagram facebook youtube or whatever. not even my profile pic in whatsapp. never.
and i haven't added friends on my fb account, i just use it as more of a personalized-internet thing.

there is just something that really really doesn't sit well with me about being a narcissitic self promoting person who isn't actually a celebrity or famous person.

it's like being one of those naked guys who run onto the pitch to catch attention during a football match final.
no one cares, and you will be forgotten in 30 minutes.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont avoid it. this is a form of social media.

i dont believe having ur face up and showing urself as a real person is narcissistic. i think social media was created for many purposes and if people use it right then it's a great thing.

as for being forgotten, you'd be surprised as to the kind of impression you leave on people.
    like i know for certain that there r people on gag i will never forget, even after i leave.

Most Helpful Guy

• Social media is fun... in moderation. I have every social media medium, but I don't use them all the time, every day. Just an occasional written post, picture post, or scroll of the feed in my down time.

But, too many people take it too far and get too self absorbed in social media, trying to gain "internet fame".

• the sad thing is internet fame seems to be the only kind of fame that matters nowadays...

i mean, look at johnny depp's daughter, as far as i know, her only her only achievement and source of fame is instagram, she came from absolutely nowhere (granted, she is Depp's daughter and very pretty) to becoming a model for Chanel. CHANEL!!

What Girls Said 5

• Wow, that's impressive.

I used to put my pictures up on Facebook/Instram a few years back but I stopped. I don't feel doing it anymore.

• I agree.
    Me neither.

• I agree, that's why I don't use it. Plus I don't even like to talk to many people to be honest. The friends I have, I Skype with or have my cell, I don't have a need for social media.

• Well, I don't avoid it, I just don't want it. The only thing that I have is a Kik and that's all I need. People don't care if I have that stuff anyways, especially my so called "friends" so why even get all that stuff :/

• I have a facebook, but its not something i use too often, and i never got into anything else.

What Guys Said 4

• I only have gag 😀

• no harm in socialising online

• This is still a type of social media

• nah i don't consider it, if nothing else because of these 2 reason:

1. discussion board/chatroom like this one, existed in the 90's already
      2. we don't use real identity on here to connect to people we know in real life

• Yeah still I hate Facebook all I want to do with it is keep in touch with old friends and family. I could give a shit less about people liking walmart or McDonald's. changing their status every five seconds or when they took a crap last

• I do, I think it's shallow bullshit and doesn't really have anything whatsoever to do with keeping in touch!