Cat owners, give tips?

I'm getting two kittens (my brothers cat got knocked up accidentally) and we are taking them home soon. I haven't had a cat in a while, but I have done a lot of research and taken notes so I can be prepared. Still, if you have any useful tips, whether it is recommending a certain brand of litter or how to keep cats from destroying furniture, please offer a few words of wisdom. I really want to do this (owning a cat) the best I can.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best cat food is blue wilderness, the best cat litter is Ever Clean. You should get them a scratching board as soon as possible so your walls dont get messed up.

Make sure to get them fixed early

What Guys Said 1

• read on the internet about how to detect pain in cats, they hide it, they get sick as much as we do, so you can take them to the vet and not miss the signs. Buy them the best food possible, go to a holistic vet give them a check up visit at least once a year.
    Be aware of urinary blockage in cats, if you see he can't pee, don't just make an appointment, take him to an emergency vet as soon as possible!!!, read about emergencies in cats, again cats only throw subtle signs when they are in pain.
    like peeing outside the litter box, being isolated more than usual, not meowing, less responsive when you touch them, as they usually would. Buy them pain medications too. Watch changes in their eating urinary habits. They are delicate creatures and can suffer a lot.

What Girls Said 2

• Clean their litterboc often and use a clumping litter. Definitely invest in a catpost and catnip to avoid holes in the furniture

• The cat gives you the tips. lol