If someone dies, could they be watching over you?

I feel a little creeped out if they are. So, I'm more insecure of everything I do now... I asked my mother and she said, they don't watch over you their spirit just goes up. Opinions? Please. this would be helpful If I knew yalls opinions. Thanks. Why I'm saying this is cause I lost a close friend so I'm curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in a heaven and a hell, but there is so much paranormal phenomanon going on, that I'm starting to consider the possiblity of a purgatory on earth. If that theory is correct, then they would linger on earth for a while, seperated by realm from the living, until their time for judgement comes. But i assume that the spirits would be so preoccupied in finding their way, that they wouldn't have time to stalk you. 😛

• So, are you saying they wouldn't have time to stalk me?

• Its either true or its not true. You could believe it and it not be true, or you could not believe it and it still be true.

But do you believe it or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't watch over us, we are not spiritual beings.
    However I say this because I'm Christian and I read it in the Bible. But many people (with different religions) implies that spirits lingers on earth... or dead people go directly to heaven or hell. See we can't be sure on what to believe because we have no evidence. You believe in whatever suits you best or what you think may be even remotely close to truth.
    I say see for yourself! Once you die you'll get to know it.

What Guys Said 6

• Grandma is not watching you flick yourself off, don't worry.

• There is possibility that their spirits could watch over us

• I hope not...

• Dont be. Even if they are watching, its because they caare about you and want you to live your life.

• So they are? My mother read a book, explaining that a spirit just dies. Nothing really goes up. Or something like that.

• Yes, thats the popular idea. There are poltergeists... have you ever heard? Scary stuff...

• But then again... nothing proved. But, who knows? Maybe there are other energies coming from other possiblem parallel realities to our own. We dont really know much about space and universe, and all the very weird reality where we live. Fascinating : )

• Yes, they can. Jesus did so who can't ,

• No. They're dead. There are no spirits that lurks around watching people.

• How do you know? People say no one knows?

• If there are spirits, would they give us sign like, move objects and stuff like that?

What Girls Said 1

• well i would be soooooooooooooooo happy if my mom is watching over me.. <3 <3 :) (not all the time though.. :P)