Be kind to yourself - What does that mean to you?

I was watching a show and one character said to another "Be kind to yourself for a few days" and I thought that could mean different things to different people.
So say you have worked hard for 6 months and you got your work/study done, you rest up for a couple days and when you come back your boss/professor/teacher says to you " Good work take a few more days off, be kind to yourself"
Assuming you have a reasonable amount of cash if you need it what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be kind to yourself = cut yourself some slack. I used to hate myself in high school and middle school. It got so bad that I assumed that I did not deserve the life I had. I felt I needed to prove my worth to my friends and family... and more importantly to myself. If I felt that I had let anyone down in the slightest... Anyways, I'm learning now to not be so hard on myself. I make mistakes but so do others. No one is perfect and instead of contemplating and worrying over whether I am deserving or not of my life, I should just be thankful for every opportunity I've had and for all the people I know.

• I am glad you are learning to accept yourself a lot more.

• Thank you for the MHO :)

• You're welcome

Most Helpful Guy

• To me this means to do stuff for yourself sometimes. It is very easy to fall into the trap of always doing for others, at the expense of yourself.

My idea of personal time is spending quality time with my PS3, with some booze of my choice. 8-)

• Sounds good except I am not a gamer - Will have to find something else to occupy me

What Girls Said 4

• I'd probably just use a day to relax at home. Put my feet up, turn on Netflix, order some take out, take a nice soothing bath, etc.

• That is nice - I am dropping off into a nice peaceful nap reading that ZZZzzzzz...

• If I had a few days off and instructions to be kind to myself, I'd throw together a little backpacking, some time at the beach, and whole meals of freshly picked blueberries. Just me.

• Iwould go on a shopping spree, do a road trip to a winery, or just relax with a marathon of my favourite show with a glass of wine.

• I will spoiled myself! I always do, I love that! but I hate it when other people spoiled me

What Guys Said 1

• in that context I think my boss is pleased with my work and I somehow earned those free days off... he's saying that I should go have a blast, because I earned it.

But in general, being kind to myself sounds like "Don't stress yourself out too much"