Why is my mother like this? Should I move out?

I'm 20 and living at home. My mother and I used to be close, however when I found out that she had been cheating with our driver that we had, it sort of went down hill from there. This was years ago. When I found out, she would drink quite a bit most nights and there was two instances where she was quite physical with me, she once ran after me with a knife and one night when I was sleeping in the same bed as her, we argued and she rolled over and fisted me in the nose. We became closer for my last two years of high school. Now that I'm living an 'adult' life now, our relationship is horrible. We argue all the time, every day. She will get offended by the smallest of things. Example, she will say ask me if I know something, and I will tell her that I know (not with a sarcastic intent) and she will react really badly and yell at me. She will tell me what I should be wearing when I'm about to go out, how to do my hair and of course it ends in an argument. I was on a holiday with her and my grandparents. My mother and her mother are close, and I felt isolated. She will 'take my head of' in front of them and I might give her a sneaky reply and it's my fault. We had lots of arguments, one because she said I didn't need some shoes to yelling at me in public because I didn't wait for her. I'm currently sick and she doesn't ask me how I feeling or anything. Instead, she came in about 2 times last night and I said to her 'can you please remove yourself from my room, I'm tired and I don't feel like talking' and she told me that I was so rude and that I don't deserve anything. I walked into her room this morning as my bank card has been cancelled and I need some money, she told me that I was a b**** last night, that obviously angered me and I blurted out that she is a b**** to me everyday. She then said 'well you're not getting the money now' and told me to get out. I just find her very hypocritical and I cannot deal with this anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you should move out

Most Helpful Girl

• you should move out,

What Guys Said 2

• She don't seem like your mother, she looks like your worst enemy. Some people just don't have that maternal or paternal instinct. Those are the kind that don't deserve to have a family.

• Your mom sounds horrible

What Girls Said 0