Is it bad that I'm 15 and I've never cursed?

My parents say it's awesome but my classmates go crazy about it saying I need to grow up and that I'm being immature. I just say the same things in different words.

• It's bad that you don't curse!!!
  • It's awesome and good you don't curse!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would it be a bad thing? As long as you're not being like "Gee golly willikers that sure was a rotten test, wasn't it chaps" I think you're fine.

• Gee whiz:P

• I'm not British lol.. People just curse around me a lot and insult me because I don't curse

• People you age make fun of other people for everything. Ignore it and stop making a big deal about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's great that you don't curse and in fact I wish I'd never picked up the habit. It just kinda happened when I started getting really angry. Anyway, I'd say don't give in to peer pressure and choose for yourself what you're going to do and how you want to be. If someone says it's immature or childish not to curse, then they are probably not people you want to hang out with anyway because you probably differ on other things as well.

I just can't stand all the wanna-be tough guys who always curse so they can make a big scene of themselves, trying to act "tougher" and "cooler" and "edgier" than they really are. I don't know who they think they are fooling or impressing. Last I checked, most high school and college kids here in the US were not, in fact, in a gang or in the middle of a war zone. The "tough" act is really dumb if you ask me. In fact I think it's kinda trailer park to curse a lot. Anyway. That's just me.

What Girls Said 13

• Don't change a thing. Kids your age think it's cool but really they just sound like idiots. And, okay YES I have cursed (on GAG a couple times too). If something REALLY REALLY gets me mad I might crack a word here or there but I surely ain't proud of it.

• You are not immature for not cursing, and your classmates shouldn't care. You don't like to curse, you say things in different words, what's so bad about it? Absolutely nothing. It's not ''bad'' if you curse and it's not ''awesome'' if you don't curse either.

• It's good. It makes you sound mature for your age. Who would like someone that curses like a sailor every time?

• I do some childish things but I'm only 15 so yea...

• It's ok. We were all 15 at one time in our life and have behaved childish.

• Tell your classmates to go fuck themselves... then never curse again...

• give it some more time..

• It's kind of strange, but to each his own. I've been cursing like a sailor since I was fourteen but my family is Scottish so it just kind of comes with the territory

• Repeat after me kid: Fuckwit, dildo munching gutter slut, gum chewing fat cunt, Butt pirate, carpet muncher, cock eyed cunt, cum Dumpster, cuntface, Hairy armed froggy cunt.

Tell me when you're done repeating, for more good words.

• Dude I'm the same way. Cussing doesn't really have a point. It can also leave a bad impression. Keep it up!

• I don't think it's bad or good.

• good for you

• Bullshit...

• why is it any of your classmates business? you can say things how you want to.

• You remind me of Zoey from the House of Night series (not in a bad way)

What Guys Said 8

• I cursed for first time around 15 & got meaning of what I said at 16 :P

It's definitely an awesome thing... chill! Ignore classmates. Usually 'classmates' like these are the ones who bring good people into shitehole. "Do this/that or you're blah blah blah" things. Believe me stay away from people like them.
    Now don't make big deal out of it. It's just cursing. Point is, ignore & in future if they say something different-bigger... don't follow them :)

• I think you're about the age where curse words shouldn't bother you, at least when other people say them. They're just a part of language with strong connotation and effect on listeners. But it is good to recognize that they're strong words. Don't be afraid of them or morally against saying them. There's no need for that.

• Why. A true man doesn't need to curse. That is something an uneducated, moronic, and unintelligent person would do.

• I've never felt the need to curse and I probably never will but look at the votes, a lot of people are saying it's bad.

• And you just called a lot of people unintelligent lol

• I know that. 2/3 of the population are idiots, just a fact.

• You come off as a complete stuck up goody two shoes which you probably aren't but don't use the fact that you don't curse as a comeback or a sign of maturity because that would make you a complete tool

• How am I stuck up? I've been told I'm a goody goody but I have no problem with that because I don't like getting in trouble. I'm in no way perfect, I have far more issues then a 15 yr old should have.

• Read the comment for this question and tell me who doesn't look like a tool

• I'm not mature though lol but people say I'm immature for this and that gets mad because I feel like not cursing is good but apparently by the other comments it's not good

• It does make you seem sort of infantile. I would say use the hard hitting ones sparingly at the right moments and you will seem like a badass.

• Hard hitting ones?

• How so? I don't let people walk over me if anything I laugh at them because I'm sorta weird so I smile like 3/4 of the day lol

• That also makes you seem even less masculine. I think you might be brainwashed out of your masculinity. It's OK though you can reverse that. Just stop think about masculinity as a bad or evil thing. Embrace it. Speak your mind.

• Immature is making a big deal about this.

• I'm not making it a big deal, I just want to know if I'm right not to curse.

• You're missing the point. I guess in your specific case, it doesn't matter than you haven't cursed.

• I do get it, if you say curse words it hits harder to home

• fucking liar. i'm sure you cursed before, maybe when you get angry or stub your toe on the coffee table.

• I say Ow and I rarely get angry and I still don't curse when I do get angry.

• Why not? what's the big fucking deal? They're just fucking words.

• I care, because I just plain out don't feel like it and I never will.

• Do you go to church?

• Yea, I go with my family like 8 times a year, I'm not gonna lie and say I go every Sunday but I go