Why is it when someone says 'man' it's cool but when sayed 'women' its derogatory/offensive?

Example of each:
"hay man, can you do me a favor?" 😎
"I'm fine women" XD

woman*

Most Helpful Girl

• haha always wonder the same !

you throw like a girl
    you run like a woman
    ^offensive

you throw like a man
    you run like a dude
    ^praise

ugh -_-
    i guess because feminine = weak and back in the day it was considered a fact of life... maybe this is the traces of that

• THANKS !

• I give respect & mhos where they're do 😉

What Girls Said 1

• Institutionalized sexism.

People (mainly men) rarely notice this.

What Guys Said 4

• Because words have a context. There are literal meanings of words. Then there is how they are used in everyday language, with whatever connotations are attached. When the word 'man' is used like you describe, it really does carry a chill and cool connotation. Whereas the word 'woman' is often used in a more aggressive dominant manner. The words themselves are neutral. It's just a matter usage.

• I always say woman just because I can get away with it

• "man" isn't plural, whereas as you presumably know, "women" is.

• Maybe you meant "woman".

Obviously the reason is that being a man is cool and being a woman is.. unfortunate. Feminism exists for a reason you know - everyone wants to be a man. Men are strong, use logic, don't bleed every month, don't cry when someone does as much as sneeze in the wrong direction. Being a man is awesome. Being called a man is a compliment. Being called a woman is an insult.

• U mad... Sis? (Calling U "bro" would exactly be... appropriate XD)

• That's a good point actually! I'm gonna ask that! (What each gender has the advantage over the other)