How can I control my temper?

Whenever I see someone homophobic/transphobic/racist/sexist/etc. say something stupid, I can't control my temper and say stuff tat make them defensive. I just want to kill them, I can't stand them. There's no way I can just keep cool and argue why they're wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be in control of your temper, you have to learn to understand your emotions. Learn to become present in every emotion you experience and name it call one happy, another ecstatic, depending on the energy you get from it. Also become aware of your body by just taking the moment to just be only aware of what's going on with it, over time when you have an emotion you'll be able to experience clearly. One way of putting it, is literally "stew" in all your emotions, feel the heat rise before you react. So with this practice when you become angry, instead of suppressing, you'll recognize that you're angry, stop and take a sec and experience what is going on, and make the choice to express it from their. Also instead of just calling people out, let them know how you personally feel and think, it's simple as starting your words with "I think", "I believe", "I feel."

You'll be able to understand all your emotions and experience them without suppressing it, and figure out words to express them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to use your head to keep your emotions in check. People are entitled to their own opinions, even if they might be hateful or closed-minded ones. By berating them for having their opinion, you're just turning yourself into a bad guy. Just take a deep breath and ignore it when people say things like that or calmly disagree with them but don't fly off the handle.

• It's not just ''having opinions''. Dylan Roof had a opinion that black people were inferior. They act upon them and make life hell for others.

• Okay, that's not what you said before so I was just answering based on their "saying something stupid." When someone tries to act out against others then I think you should say something to them, but still maintain a certain level of composure. Going off on a rage is just going to make them worse.

What Guys Said 7

• 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../Cupcake.jpg

You will be mad most days around the public. So there is so need to stress just try not to worry about it people will have their opinions and beliefs right or wrong.

• take it out on a punching bag, better yet, a partner with pads.

• Hell if I know kiddo, everytime I see a jackass I straight up put them on blast. It's a very satisfying feeling.

• Have sex with something.

• I have the same problem lol

• at least you stand for something. Some people have no spine.

• thats cool, but what about gay black people these days?

What Girls Said 4

• Then don't argue with them. People who are that way won't change. Which is dumb, but true. Arguing with them just makes you angry. So just grind your teeth and walk away because they are not worth your time.

• They are mirrors of you. You are just as vindictive as they are.

• Take a Deep
    DeEp DEEP BREATH
    Close your eyes for a sec
    Then smile calmly.
    It pisses then off soooo much!

• Don't try to argue with them, it will only steal energy from you, make you even more upset and not lead to anything.