GAGers how often do you dedicate more than 10 minutes in a single question here?

Lately I do it often since I tend to answer long-descriptioned questions from “no opinions” section.
Wot about u?

• never. spendin 10 mins for a question's pathetic... nah.
  • i do it sometimes
  • i do it often
  • i always do it since i answer to only those kind of questions
those who voted "A"... y did u do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. I've done the same thing. I care about what I write and whether or not someone can benefit from it. I've had conversations about this in private message with people that when I was younger, I had no site like this to work out my problems or get some insight. I had no internet to even research. Now, I guess a part of me is trying to help that young woman who never received it: me. I am trying now to give back.

I guess it also shows with the length of some of my responses, but really, I just type fast too. :) And like you, I'll find the questions others ignore or ones that have just slipped through the cracks here because I think everyone deserves to be heard and maybe given some acknowledgement and offering, that is if their question is seemingly valid and not troll-like.

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the type of question.

Those that requires a lot of thought, I try to make myself very clear providing very detailed and knowledgeable advice.

For the questions like,
    "What's your favorite color?"
    "How are you doing today?"

I answer that in seconds.

For questions like,
    "My boyfriend cheated on me, should I take him back?"
    I give a more thoughtful and insightful answer.

The fact of the matter is that,
    we all know what's correct for us to do.
    But when we are wrapped up in complicated situations ourselves sometimes the outlook becomes rather cloudy and we need to be advised.

• Sometimes yes.. if the question is interesting..

• Kind of often? Like if I have a backstory I'll probably spend roughly twenty minutes on it. But then again I'm a fast typer

• it's rare, but I have before

• Not always, just sometimes..

What Guys Said 7

• A lot of my answers can get pretty long. I've had to deal with hitting the max 2500 character limit many times before. I usually spend a lot of time on questions I find interesting (like your short person poop lever one) or the tough hard hitting questions. It usually takes longer than 10 minutes because I do additional research on them (like figuring out the weight of dog poo for instance or the average height of someone with dwarfism). Then, once I finish the long questions, I reread them to try and catch any apparent issues / mistakes. After I hit submit, I tend to naturally reread them again to see if I need to post any edit comments. It's slow but it makes my answers a little better. So I'd say I often take 10 minutes or more. Like you mentioned, the no opinion section is commonly where these long 2500 character worthy questions are.

However, there are a lot of questions I answer where I give pretty short answers. These ones are usually either quizzes, simple yes or no questions, or non serious questions. If I answered those really hard no opinion questions exclusively, I'd be burned out. Those are often there in that section because they are heavy hitting questions.

• Rarely, if ever.

I can count on one hand how many times I've done it. The question really has to hit home, plus I also have really fast typing speed so, rarely does an answer play out to anywhere near as long as 10 minutes.

• For me it just depends on what the question is about. I don't know about 10 minutes but there have been questions with heated debates in which I partook in.

• I don't always spend over ten minutes answering a question...

http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/2485.jpg

But when I do, it has been deleted by the admins by the time I finish.

• Sometimes I spend 10 mins searching for a link on google - Text wise maybe 1/2 a day

• 10 minutes? That's a little much

• Sometimes I'd go to google to do a bit of research for a question